In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tulsa GS survivors

He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Well guys from reading the threads I get the impression the only thing I really missed in Tulsa was meeting you guys. sounds like overpriced, overweight, overwrought and lost. Typical gun show. So tell me, besides meeting Saxon, Otoman, 5db, Kimberkid, et. al., why would I want to go to the Oct. show? (even a couple of good reasons will do, maybe even a bad reason)
He DogWhen only the police have guns, it is a police state.

Comments

• Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep! Saxon's right,Then I go home and throw rocks at mine.
    "It's great to be great, but it's greater to be human." Will Rogers
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I am almost convinced, October is getting into hunting season though. Either October or next April, for sure.Wundudnee are you from Missouri?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nope, N.E. Ks. Up where the owls smile at the chickens.If you haven't been to the Tulsa show you have to go, It'll near give you an organism or somethin like that.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have good friends in Lawrence, one a gunnut, and get to the KC show occasionally. Been wanting to do some hunting in KS and it is slowly coming together. Maybe someday you and I ...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He Dog,I don't hunt much anymore but I bet if you got back this way at the right time we could find somebody to get you fixed up. My boy in Alabama and I are making tenative plans to meet in Tulsa this fall. Maybe we could get together then. If you get to come to Lawrence some time let me know. I'll buy lunch.wundudnee@yahoo.com
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While I can't speak to the firearms, there were a few good deals, many fair ones, on collectible ammo. I staggered out of the show on Saturday w/ about 100 lb of material picked up Friday night & Sat, added a few things to that haul on Sunday. I did see about 8 guys who had to have been doing some serious drugs before they priced their goods. I can understand someone being 150% of market, but 1500% is a bit much. Diplomat that I am, I burst out laughing twice when I was quoted a price. Told another guy it was a pleasure meeting Egyptian royalty . . . . All the Pharaohs liked to be buried w/ their treasures, didn't they? I'm guesstimating it was a five mile hike past all the tables . . . that sound about right? All I know is I did the entire show each of the three days running with several extra excursions to go back to unattended tables and my feet mentioned it to me by the end of the weekend.
  • Options
    wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    Think of it 7 1/2 acres of guns 3600 tables lots of nice people and some not so nice. AND ALL THOSE WONDERFUL TOYS
  • Options
    SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I spent the entire three days with my friend who sells gun parts. Probably the best show I've ever been to. Bought two items. Although most was priced high, cash is always an incentive to negotiate. I think I did O.K. Think I'm going back in October.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sounds like several folks are going in Oct. About that time we should make some plans to meet, and give Otoman written instructions and a map!
  • Options
    5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wundudnee, I do hope you and your son can hook up and make the Oct. show, I'd like to see you again.

Guys, my table is 16-D-2, should be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday any and all are welcome. I'll have the Jalapeno peanuts and storage area...

If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website