In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

borderguy..

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Topic locked..so decided to address you directly.

Your job...protecting the border ?... would possibly be one of the very few times that police ought to have full access and use of full-auto arms..in my opinion.Under-gunned,undermanned,and underpaid..put down there as a token show of force by the elites..they know full well you cannot stop a raging flood with one beanbag..and they plan it that way.

In spite of what it may appear on the surface..many of us are not anti-cop.
We are anti-dirty-cop.Had there been any action taken against the likes of Houriouche,and his superiours..and the murders at Waco....there would be little room to complain...

By and large,the police do a good job.Institutionalized corruption tars all with the same brush,however...Why could there not have been 10,000 officers standing in front of a tv camera after Ruby Ridge,denouncing those actions of the fedgov..?

Comments

• borderguyborderguy Member Posts: 387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball, Thanks for the support.

Nobody likes dirty cops, but I think issues should be addressed in specifics, not generalalities.

A blanket statement such as no civilian LEO's should have automatic weapons is nothing more than inflammatory. State that AFT agents shouldn't have them due to their actions at Waco and we have a specfic issue to discuss.

I,like most other LEO's I know. Hold ourselves to the highest personal standards of integrity and service as we represent the agencies we work for. Unfortunately, as you state, it's always the corrupt or stupid LEO's that get the press.

Take care and stay safe.