In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I need a camara.

D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I looking for something just to take pictures of so I can post'um or email'um.Would spend 100 to 150

Comments

• gunrunner68gunrunner68 Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How much do you want to spend?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Check the FUJI Fine Pix A210 out.. very simple program, automatic file set up for the pics, just transfer them to photo delux for sizing, and then to host site for posting.. I like the quality of the pics and its real simple to operate..Also ya can get different cards according to the number of pics ya want to store in the camera..

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your best bet would be Wal-Mart.If you buy from them they have a 90 return policy that way if it doesn't work out you can return it and try another.A camera of two megs. should be all you need ,under $100.00 will do it.

standard.jpg
    Limerick.gif
    It's my cat's world. I'm just here to open cans.

We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Having had my daughter who knows more about this than any of us probably do lead me to buy a digital camera here are the things to look for:

number of pixals
    size of pictures possible
    ease of use
    does it have a zoom
    how many pictures can you store in the camera
    how is it on battery life.

Like guns or scopes, it seems that a little more money on the front end pays off. The cannon A70 is a great camera, but it is about double what you want to pay.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I
    advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives
    boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the
    ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no
    character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of
    your walks." Thomas Jefferson
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I have had the cheap . 35 dollar , to the 100 dollar and they just dont get it done,, Go to Staples or Office supply and catch em when the price is marked down, the Fuji A210 is around 200 or so, but ya might find it at around 180.00 its 3.2 mega pixels, and stores about 20 to 30 pics on the provided memory card..Easy software installation, and picture storage, its all automatic.......Ifn I can operate it, ya can bet its simple....[:o)][:o)]

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    I got a Cannon A300 from WallyWorld for about $180. Decent pictures (3.2 mega pixels), 16 mb CompactFlash card (upgraded to 64 mb for 29.95), and best of all just two standard AA batteries (no high $ specialty batteries).

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    digital zoom is just a trick
    optical zoom is a real zoom, is you get one.

My Finepix 1300 is still going strong, despite a scratch on the lens cover.
    I can take 358 pics at 640x480 pixels on my 64MB card.

And this camera was obsolete a week after I bought it.
  • drawndrawn Member Posts: 544
    edited November -1
    I'm with punchie, The A300 is a good value, doesn't have an optical zoom but with a 64 or even better a 128 MB card upgrade and set on large/fine the 3.2 mega pixels shoot alot of great pictures. It also has a 2 inch macro for close ups such as firearm serial #s. another feature is movie mode so short mpegs with sound from it's built in mic are possible. Although it does have a 5.1x digital zoom all this really does is increase pixel size (same thing you do in photo shop zoom in or blow up). The software is exceptionally user friendly, I plug mine directly into the USB 2.0 port on the front of my PC and XP automatically opens the camera software! E-mail me if you would like some examples of the cameras work.

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARIVING SAFELY IN ONE PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED PIECE, BUT, TO SKID ACROSS THE LINE BROADSIDE, THOUGHRLY USED UP, WORN OUT, LEAKING OIL, SHOUTING GERONIMO!!"
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you buy one Get it at "Best Buy" if you have one near you,for a few bucks more get Thier 2 year warrenty which will cover ANYTHING that can happen to your camera even if your fault, Trust me if something happens to it the factory will Charge you BIG TIME to fix it, get a warrenty.

use_deer.jpg
  • D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    I'm going to hit a couple stores tomorrow maybe I'll find a good one. Thanks for the suggestions.