In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone have this reloader?

D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
edited November 2004 in General Discussion
Do you like it, is it worth the money? Is it good for someone just starting to reload? I'll reload 308,270win and 45/70.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0003093211015a&navAction=jump&navCount=2&indexId=cat20847&podId=0003093&catalogCode=UE&parentId=cat20847&parentType=index&rid=&cmCat=MainCatcat20712&hasJS=true

I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    IMO RCBS equipment is built a lot better than Lee equipment. This press is a progressive press. Are you planning on loading just handgun ammo (other than .223)? If so, this press would probably do you fine, but if you are looking to reload rifle ammo, I'd look at a single stage press like the RCBS "Rock Chucker". You can use the "rock chucker" to reload handgun ammo too...it's just a lot slower. I would probably recommend that most people should start out on a single stage press, and stay there until they learn the basics. Just my .02[:)]

Eric

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
    VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a Lee, got rid of it....RCBS and Dillon are better quality.
  • Options
    STRIPPER-TIPPERSTRIPPER-TIPPER Member Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have Lee presses and they work fine. You may want to go with the standard turret press to get started.
  • Options
    joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For a first time reloader, I would get a single stage press like the
    RCBS Rockchucker. Dont forget a powder scale, funnel, and dial caliper,
    not to mention a case trimmer and a deburing tool. Best reloading book
    I found is the Lyman. Granted, the initial outlay is a bit, but you can
    "tailor" your loads to what work best in YOUR guns.
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two like the one pictured.For a person just starting to handload start with the Lee Anniversary Kit on page three of the latest Midway Flyer.Kit plus manual is $72.99 all you need is included except a set of dies.[^] [:)]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg
    When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?  "And remember a wet dog doesn't fly at night"  ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's a picture of the kit.[^]

standard.jpg

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg
    When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?  "And remember a wet dog doesn't fly at night"  ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, I gave that one in a giveaway a few years back. I always wondered how it worked out for the feller that got it. Can't remember who it was.
  • Options
    D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    Alright I guess I'll avoid that one and look in to a starters kit. Thanks guys

I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.