In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Crickett 22 customer service.

D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
I bought the kids a crickett 22 back in 2006 & they love that thing. Well anyway it started to not want to chamber a round. I called them last Monday & they had me send it in. It got there Friday and I got an email today saying they put in a new bolt assembly & sending it back. I was surprised it was still under warranty so it cost me nothing but the shipping to send it in. So if your looking for a great starter gun I'd suggest a Crickett. Great gun, customer service + there made in the USA.

Comments

• Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the report!

Always is good to hear of a good company.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,971 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandLoad
    Thanks for the report!

Always is good to hear of a good company.
    +1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And that gun has had at least 10k fired though it. So it has been a very good rifle.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got one for each grandkid, had to put a red dot on them though, they couldn't figure out the peep sights at such young age, the red dot though they just put the dot on target and pull........[:D] they have just about killed all the evil balloons in WVa..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hillbille
    got one for each grandkid, had to put a red dot on them though, they couldn't figure out the peep sights at such young age, the red dot though they just put the dot on target and pull........[:D] they have just about killed all the evil balloons in WVa..

I went with a Simmons 4x32 scope on this one. The kids like putting water in their balloons.[;)][:p]
  • Options
    swearengineswearengine Member Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Peep sights are the easiest to use. You just look THROUGH them. My 4 year old son handles them perfectly. Shoots balloons, clay pigeons on end, any reactive target he can think of about 4" in size at 75'-100'. I did restock it to fit him. The factory stock was too long.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by swearengine
    Peep sights are the easiest to use. You just look THROUGH them. My 4 year old son handles them perfectly. Shoots balloons, clay pigeons on end, any reactive target he can think of about 4" in size at 75'-100'. I did restock it to fit him. The factory stock was too long.

Wow he's a big 4 year old, my 9yr old still shoots it as it came[:p][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't know when my son will be big enough to use the factory stock. Another year maybe, possibly 2.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't know when my son will be big enough to use the factory stock. Another year maybe, possibly 2.

My mistake I thought you meant the stock was to big for him LOL.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by D@D

My mistake I thought you meant the stock was to big for him LOL.

I think you thought the stock was too small for him. The stock was a couple inches too long so I made one from his great-great grandmothers apple tree. It is very pretty wood. He can grow into the factory stock in a year or two, but I will probably stock it in wood at that time also.
  • Options
    hogpopshogpops Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I traded for one for my granddaughters, it's pink, and took the one that lives here local to the shooting range. I could not get it to come down on target far enough to hit the target. I told her how to adjust and she was able to hit that way. Tell if I'm right, lowering the rear sight will lower the bullet impact? I lowered it until it was touching the receiver and it was hitting about 8" high at 30 yards.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hogpops
    I traded for one for my granddaughters, it's pink, and took the one that lives here local to the shooting range. I could not get it to come down on target far enough to hit the target. I told her how to adjust and she was able to hit that way. Tell if I'm right, lowering the rear sight will lower the bullet impact? I lowered it until it was touching the receiver and it was hitting about 8" high at 30 yards.

Bringing the rear sight down will lower the point where your bullets hit. Are you putting the target on top of the front sight? Pumpkin on a post?
  • Options
    hogpopshogpops Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pumpkin on a post was the way we were trying to shoot. The bullet went over the pumpkin. I guess a taller front sight is the cure for this problem? Other than putting a scope or red dot on it.
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, if you have already bottomed out the rear sight, the only thing you can do is put a taller front sight on. That will bring the impact down. Any smith can do that pretty economically. It's not rocket surgery. [;)][:D]
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Just shoot slower ammo! If you are shooting hyper, try just hi-vel. If shooting hi-vel, switch to std vel. If shooting std vel, look for the "quiet" stuff (subsonic).

Lots easier than gunsmith work on a $100 gun!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hogpops
    Pumpkin on a post was the way we were trying to shoot. The bullet went over the pumpkin. I guess a taller front sight is the cure for this problem? Other than putting a scope or red dot on it.

I got my rifle back today & looking at the front sight it would be pretty easy to put a shim under it to raise it up. You just need to remove 1 screw.