In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Car crash.....WHERE'S MY GUN ?

schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Lets say I get in a bad car wreck - Bad enough where I am unconcious and need to go to the hospital. They take me away in the ambulance. They "secure" my gun. Where does it go? Can I get it back? Lets assume I am not at fault and no DUI or anything.....just something like an old lady forgot which pedal was to stop.

"meet me in Margaritaville"

Comments

• Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    It depends on where you crash and what the laws are there. Back in '87, I had a crash in NC, totaled my Chevelle. My sons and I went to the hospital in an ambulance. I left a .38 revolver in the glove box, completely forgetting about it. The NC Trooper who worked the wreck found it, and brought it to me at the hospital.

Like I said, it depends on where you are.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes things work out well, but usually not.

Carrying a gun in a car is not a good idea in most areas, especially if it is a handgun. In an accident, an unsecured gun will go flying; there's no telling where it will come to rest. In many states, you risk arrest for carrying a concealed deadly weapon.

Long guns should be secured in a rack, or encased & in the trunk. Handguns should be secured on your person, or encased in the truck; they should never be under the seat or in the glove box.

Neal
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are carrying legally then you probably won't have any trouble with getting it back. I'm sure they'll address it when the situation arises.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wrong room. move this to gen. discussion board.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.