In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I'm breathing O2!

p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
My Doc said I had only 80% saturation when I sleep so he hooked me up with an portable oxygen concentrator to take home. Now when I sleep or play on the web, I'm breathing oxygen. It's great! I don't snore now, hangovers are minimal, and I wake up peppy and alert. Who woulda thought it would make that much of a difference?
It's like moonwalking around the house. [:p][:D]

Comments

• Options
    AmishAmish Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't want to rain on your dance, but does it smell pleasant also?

I liked those things also, but the smell is an indicator of added scent oil.

I think they lead to pnumonia. Especially while lying on your back. Fluid builds in the lungs.

I want no part of it. They put that snazzy little blood ox guage on the finger to chech the o2 level and if your not breathing just right your either on o2 or not following dr orders.

I learned to breath properly and my level is 98%.

Suit yourself. Many are on it, I suppose.

I was getting fluid in my lungs on it. I've never had pnumonia, and I don't want it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not scented at all. This isn't some Glade air freshener device, but rather a medical device with a 20ft tether hose. Pure dry O2! [:)]
  • Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    Medical O2 is supose to have some moisture in it. That's aviator's oxygen that needs to be bone dry.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's infused with ambient air for the moisture I guess as I have the little tube lines in my nostrils. It feels dry though.
    Makes me smile because I think of Mike Nelson in Sea Hunt. He wore a tethered hose hooked to a triangular mask once.[:I][:o)]
  • Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    Do you have a little potable unit to take outside? looks a little silly but I had some clients that said it really improved their quality of life.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Amish
    Don't want to rain on your dance, but does it smell pleasant also?

I liked those things also, but the smell is an indicator of added scent oil.

I think they lead to pnumonia. Especially while lying on your back. Fluid builds in the lungs.

I want no part of it. They put that snazzy little blood ox guage on the finger to chech the o2 level and if your not breathing just right your either on o2 or not following dr orders.

I learned to breath properly and my level is 98%.

Suit yourself. Many are on it, I suppose.

I was getting fluid in my lungs on it. I've never had pnumonia, and I don't want it.

Tell me how to train myself to breath properly when I'm sleeping.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    put a type of vasiline in your nose so you wont get chapped nostrils. the air is going to dry them out.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.