In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My wifes first shoot

bosly1187bosly1187 Member Posts: 220 ✭✭✭
edited August 2004 in General Discussion
So I take my wife trap shooting this weekend and WOW what an experiance. The range that I shoot at has a voice command pull and it is kinda sensitive to other sounds other than PULL. So I am explaining to her how to aim and her follow through and things like that and I am talking a little loud I guess and the machine starts throwing pigions so my wife shoots at them right as I am in the middle of a sentance. We were the only ones there and I had my ear plugs in but I was a little mad to say the least. But now that I look back at it, it was pretty funny I guess seeing the look on her face when I so kindly[:D] asked her to stop shooting. anyone ever have a similar experiance with a spouse at the range?

A CLEAN GUN IS A HAPPY GUN.

Comments

• Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive been real lucky with my wife and she isnt the out door type.She can shoot her 9MM very well,I bought her a .22 Viper 10yrs or so ago she hasnt shot it in two yrs but when I mention shooting she will say I need to shoot my .22.Ive got her to shoot a Vepr AK once and she fired 7 RDS and said it hurt her shoulder.So I think she wants me to think she loves shooting and just tolerates it.But she will crack all 18 RDS off time after time with her 9MM.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Maybe that was her way of telling you to SHUT UP!!!!!

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope you weren't standing to the right on her when the shooting began. Mighta had hulls for lunch.[^]

Get out of the left lane.. you're holding me up.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The important question.....does she want to go again? Hope she had fun.

Mine loves to shoots handguns, a few rifles, but no shotguns.....yet. [}:)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you wait long enough to shoot, the sound of your shot will launch another one too. You did explain safety before explaining shooting didn't you? Did she hit em?

"Aim small...Miss small"
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    My wife loves my Ar-15. If i would allow her, she would shoot me completely out of ammo!

Can't get her to shoot a shotgun tho!

Delta.gif

Extreme moments of horror should be met with extreme actions of preventive retribution

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my youth the most!