In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

'Wack The Iraq' Gets Wacked

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited August 2004 in General Discussion
WILDWOOD, N.J. - A boardwalk game called "Wack the Iraq" that drew protest from a civil rights group will close early next month and will be renamed next year, city officials said Friday.

The game, at Morey's Pier in this oceanfront town, lets customers shoot paintballs at people dressed as Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden.

"It's going to shut down. It won't come back," said City Commissioner Fred G. Wager, who oversees public safety.

The New Jersey Chapter of American Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee said the game fostered anti-Arab sentiment.

The group canceled a protest planned for Saturday after the city announcement.

It was not clear who runs the game. A Morey's employee has said the space is leased.

Delta.gif

Extreme moments of horror should be met with extreme actions of preventive retribution

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my youth the most!

Comments

• Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Stupid PC police at it again. But, I'm sure if it was a game of "Wack the Cracka" which features shooting white people it'd be ok, right?

osamakerry.jpg
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't doubt it!

Delta.gif

Extreme moments of horror should be met with extreme actions of preventive retribution

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my youth the most!