In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone else notice?

KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
edited July 2007 in General Discussion
Anyone else notice that the UK gets alot more attacks on it then we do? Seems wierd considering we are the major players over in Iraq and Afghanistan. Anyone have a thought why that might be?

Also banning firearms did them alot of good. I surely would rather be blown up by a bomb rather then being shot. /sarcasm off

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Take a sheet of paper and write down all of the movies on TV about Collapse, revolution, or end of the world scenarios. Then look at all of the reports on increased natural disasters. Then think about the gridlock in the federal and state governments. Next, reflect on the growing problem of immigration, radical islam, and the wayward media. Then research the crisis ongoing with the global food markets.

Adds up to a pretty big list. Grim.

There will be blood.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    they do not have the Atlantic ocean between them and the middle east ether
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Video camera on every street corner doesn't help much either.

"Yep. There's the muslim about to blow up a car."

Limit firearm and increase government surveillance and they still get bombed. Go figure...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan

Well I'd think in this day and age it wouldn't be much of a problem. If they could get the clearance to get into Europe I'd think it wouldn't be that much more difficult to get clearance to fly to North America. Good point and I'd be curiuos as to hom much that plays into it.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The attacks are meant to make the people of that country oppose the war in Iraq, and to put pressure on the leaders of that country to retreat from the "war". IMHO
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    The attacks are meant to make the people of that country oppose the war in Iraq, and to put pressure on the leaders of that country to retreat from the "war". IMHO

You think? Wouldn't you think attacks on that country would make them more mad and demand them to be hunted down and killed to stop the threat?

Also a interesting view in my opinion.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Kodiakk

You think? Wouldn't you think attacks on that country would make them more mad and demand them to be hunted down and killed to stop the threat?

Not really, they were not the subject of the 911 attacks and the terrorist know that the leaders of these countries were "forced" to support the U.S. effort. Kind of like what is going on here because of the constant killing of american troops in IRAQ, rememeber G. W. BUSH said "mission accomplished". the "war" is over right?
  • Options
    FrogbertFrogbert Member Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

There is logic in your statement, but since they have thousands of impressionable young people indoctrinated in their vindictive madness around the world, catching up to who bombed what on any particular occasion has little or no effect on the absolute certainty that they will bomb again. And again. And again. This is jihad against the non-islamist populace of the entire world and it is not going to stop until the return of Christ.

There are many so-called moderate muslims in America and throughout the world. In the future, when the tide has turned, all those moderate islamists among us will be forced to make a commitment to jihad, or die. So the more of these muslims we allow into the country, and the more their influence and message permeates the society, the more impossible it will be to stop these acts of violence. There are hundreds of thousands of these "moderates" in the U.S. right now.
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan

Well I'd think in this day and age it wouldn't be much of a problem. If they could get the clearance to get into Europe I'd think it wouldn't be that much more difficult to get clearance to fly to North America. Good point and I'd be curiuos as to hom much that plays into it.

They don't need clearance to enter the United States.
    As long as they can get into Mexico the door into the US is wide open[:(!][:(!][V]
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    quote:The attacks are meant to make the people of that country oppose the war in Iraq, and to put pressure on the leaders of that country to retreat from the "war". IMHO
    I don't think they're looking to warn the UK off away from the war. Anyone who thinks that has no idea how human beings think. You will note that a bombing campaign in the US on 9-11 got us to invade Muslims lands, not stay away.

No, the simple fact of the matter is that the reason why there are more riots and more bombings in Europe than here in the United States is because we treat our Muslims better. They're better integrated and adjusted to American life than their counterparts are to European life.

Now some of you might say that we pander too much to them, but the fact is that our soft-handed approach to Muslims in general, especially here at home, has led them to view violence as perhaps not the best course of action to undertake.

Muslims in the United States are not as marginalized, they have equal protection under the law, and said protection is enforced evenly and predictably. And if someone irks them, they know they can go to the ACLU for legal redress rather than cooking up a fertilizer bomb and killing a hundred people.

It is not our greater military presence in Muslim-dominant countries that is keeping us safe, it is not increased spending on Homeland Security (which to date has achieved very little in protecting our borders), nor is it the fact that we torture people at Abu Ghraib or Gitmo.

No, it would seem that the one thing people told us was our greatest weakness was indeed our greatest strength: our way of life.

We have not deployed soldiers in our cities, so it's not the military keeping us safe.

We have not agreed to a wholesale rewriting of the Constitution, so it's not the neocons keeping us safe.

But we have maintained our freedom - that is what keeps us safe. The lack of bombings here is proof positive of that.
  • Options
    rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    I think I read that the Uk has a
    very large population
    of muslims and where
    there's "smoke"
    there's "fire"
  • Options
    TalentedTalented Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sweden now have fighting troops in Afghanistan.
    So maybe we soon have the first terrorattacks here aswell.[B)]
  • Options
    soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    EMM`s got it right.
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1

Not really, they were not the subject of the 911 attacks and the terrorist know that the leaders of these countries were "forced" to support the U.S. effort. Kind of like what is going on here because of the constant killing of american troops in IRAQ, rememeber G. W. BUSH said "mission accomplished". the "war" is over right?
    Not to nitpick, but Bush never said "Mission Accomplished." That's nothing more than "urban legend" promoted by the Dems. He stood in front of a "Mission Accomplished" banner. He did not utter the words.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...What spaniel said, and, a "mission" accomplished is not a war won; a war is comprised of many "missions".

...Uh, we went on the offensive against these diaper heads for one thing. The only thing these twisted musloons understand is to meet violence with violence; while the anti-American lefties think we should just "chat them up".

...Said it before, will say it again, if Putz Pelosi, Little Dick Durbin, Franken Kerry and Pretty Boy Edwards think chattin' 'em up is the thing to do...I'll be the first to donate to a fund to finance a trip for them (and ALL the DIMS) to the lawless nether region on the Afghan/Pakistan border where Uncle Bin is susposedly hiding, so they can "chat him up"...[^]

ani-texas-flag-1.gif
  • Options
    Old FoolOld Fool Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The EU, and the UK in particular, have huge muslim[V] populations. This is another example of what unguarded borders* can result in
    (sound familiar?)

*Especially with the tunnel under the English Channel!

OldFool.jpg
  • Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    I am sure that this attack will open the eyes of the Brits; they will see folly of Blair for pulling their troops out of Iraq and demand that the new PM renew British efforts in that country while fully embracing Bush as their savior (just like he is to all of us).
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the Dems get in power here we too shall have attacks like UK. As long as the terrorists know there will be no reprisal they will continue to do as they please.
  • Options
    ObiWanObiWan Member Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who's to say the Terrorists have not done attacks on America since 9-11?

Gas pipeline explosions...powerplant fires....refineries exploding..China poisoning toothpaste-pet food-American food supply.....30+million illegals ran across the border with who knows what...some are Al Quaeda....

If we had British newspapers and media it would show we are being attacked by terrorists and terrorist nations...daily.

But that would hurt Consumerism and the US Economy.....so shhhhhhhhhh.
  • Options
    Old FoolOld Fool Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is so conspiro whacko that it is funny
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    The cost of liberalism!