In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    SP TigerSP Tiger Member Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't believe that no one has bid yet! I'll only bid if it comes with the 20mm Vulcan gun. Or is it 30mm?
    Better to have and not need, than need and not have.
  • Options
    wiredogwiredog Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    man if I only had a million dollars laying around. maybe bill gates could spare me some of his billions.
    I spent all my money on guns, women, and beer. The rest I just wasted.wiredog70@hotmail.com
  • Options
    4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey I'm short about $20.00, could someone kick in? I promise rides.
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I'll get this one so I'll have something to fly when my Apache is in the shop.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I knew you could buy old jeeps and even Hummers but I never knew you could buy helicopters from the military. The Army is getting ready to retire the Cobra so this isn't surprising.
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This morning the FBI, I'm sure is looking for any middle eastern persons wanting to take a crash course lessons on how to fly these, but desiring to skip the takeoff and landing basics.I am asking myself why is something like this being placed for sale to the general public, it is being advertized as an attack helicopter. You would think the attack capability modifications would be removed prior to it being offered for sale.I tell you, we not only got to watch out for terrorists attacking us, but we also need to watch our backs to see what are fellow Americans are doing, that might be detrimental to our safety. It's absolute madness. The only reason why one these guys that crashed and airline into WTC was unable to buy a crop duster was he was trying to get the Government to finance it, imagine if he would have offered to pay cash for it.
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    All the attack capabilities have been rendered inoperable as per BATF regs. The only attack capability that is left is the ability to fly.
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    I think the start price of $800.000 kind of put any hi-cap in the back ground. If it sold, their cut would be nice and juicy.