In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Can't sell a hi-cap mag but...

mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
you can sell a Fighter Plane on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3078059896

Besides the obvious monetary consideration, what's wrong with this picture? [:(!]

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead

Comments

• p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He's doing "Touch and Go's" on I-10 instead of at NAS Pensacola?
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Check out his other auctions!! A Mig-29 for the same price.

Just a cool 1 billion gets it!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke
  • BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    quote:selling the jet for $1,050,000 - some assembly required.I wonder what that means, some assembly required?[:0]

Boomer

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as it is by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed"

. and the antithesis to this philosophy was uttered by Bill Clinton "I smoked it, but I didn't inhale."

NRA Life Member
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Boomerang
    quote:selling the jet for $1,050,000 - some assembly required.I wonder what that means, some assembly required?[:0]

Boomer

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as it is by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed"

. and the antithesis to this philosophy was uttered by Bill Clinton "I smoked it, but I didn't inhale."

NRA Life Member

It looks as though the aircraft is packaged for shipment via train or ship. They unbolt the wings, tail, stabilizers ect... then pack it into a steel frame crate.

aliens.jpg
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sure they've been de-militarized...

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, the auction says, "not demilled." Includes bomb racks, etc. Of course, you might have trouble getting your mitts on some bombs and stuff. For sale to a U.S. citizen in the U.S., all export control laws apply.

Might be a fun toy for the uber-rich pilot who wants something better than the more common warbirds available on the civilian market (mostly former eastern bloc L-39s, Migs, etc.)

quote:Originally posted by bambihunter
    I'm sure they've been de-militarized...

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would a Blue Angel F-18 ever have had military weapon systems installed to start with? I sure don't know much about some of that stuff, but the 6 F-18's in the group of the Blue Angels aren't as loud as a single F-18 flying overhead.

Also, the listing also states"
    "Keep watching our Ebay store, we will have a Mig29, and a "never Demilled" F-16 Hornet."

The F-16 is the Falcon - dorks!
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    I get an "Invaled item"! Looks like ebug dumped the listing!

You can list Hi-caps if you designate them ten shot in your descripton.

Gun_smokes.gif

Delta.gif