In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who Would You Like To See As NRA President?

DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
edited October 2002 in General Discussion
If you could pick one person to be NRA president, who would it be?

Often the mind believes it is thinking, when it is only passing from one metaphor to the next.

Comments

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    BOB SMITH- Present Senator from New Hampshire who was ousted during primary.

"Sometimes the people have to give up some individual rights for the safety of society."
    -Bill Clinton(MTV interview)
  • 4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    Neil Knox will get my vote unless Ted Nugent runs, then its gotta be the motor city madman. Ted Rules! Long live Ted!

When Clinton left office they gave him a 21 gun salute. Its a damn shame they all missed....

Edited by - 4GodandCountry on 09/30/2002 14:18:48
  • Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
  • dads-freeholddads-freehold Member Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    greetings, the head man of goa, had his name on the tip of my tougne. respt submitted dads-freehold

if your going to be a savage, be a headhunter
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LARRY PRATT WOULD DO A NICE JOB. LOOK AT HIS HISTORY.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • charlie15charlie15 Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TOM SELLECK > That's a fact jack!!

IF A GOVERMENT'S OPPRESSIVE, THEN REPRESS IT!!
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Salzo, Iconoclast or Ted Nugent!

Real men use little bullets.
  • RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kayne Robinson
  • royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tom Selleck or Chuck Norris.
  • sig-mansig-man Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bo Derick, she's a lifetime NRA member, spokesperson for the GOP, and not a bad body either...
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ME.

A great rifle with a junk scope,....is junk.
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    DADSFREEHOLD- His name is larry pratt.

"Sometimes the people have to give up some individual rights for the safety of society."
    -Bill Clinton(MTV interview)
  • ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JESSE VENTURA, He is looking for a job now...

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member... N R A

Thanks for all the help!
  • redcedarsredcedars Member Posts: 919 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    4God, you beat me to it! Neil Knox. Give Ted Nugent Wayne LaPee's job.

And we really should find a spot for Bo Derek.

redcedars
  • redcedarsredcedars Member Posts: 919 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    4God, you beat me to it! Neil Knox. Give Ted Nugent Wayne LaPee's job.

And we really should find a spot for Bo Derek.

redcedars

PS Sorry for the double tap folks. Got a timeout on the first and didn't think it posted.

Edited by - redcedars on 09/30/2002 18:58:11
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After the XFL I'm not sure if Ventura could bring any dignity to the table for the NRA. When it comes to the job of the President of the NRA you have to look at the whole person. I have all kinds of love for the Motor City Madman. I think he is a great asset to the cause of freedom but we have to realize that the job of President is also a very political job. Ted shoots it from both barrels which is a type of personality that has its time and place. I'm just not sure if he has the political savvy or personality for the job. Just from what I have seen I think that he would hate that side of the job enough to turn it down if it was offered to him on a silver platter.

I like the thought of Mr. Magnum PI himself but I think that I would have to second Rembrandt's nomination. Kayne Robinson has been intimately invovled with the work of the NRA. He has the political savvy and he's one hell of a guy.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Frankly, I think Knox is out of the question at this point. He was ousted as VP a few years back and has done nothing but bad mouth the NRA (and rightly in some instances)since. Pratt is a good man, but would he want to give up his current post to move over to the NRA? No way they are going to make any more exceptions for extra terms as president, Chuck got the only pass on that. As for ex politico's, Bob Smith would be a fine choice and Allan Keyes (anyone know if he's a member?) is a great speaker and does not bring along any baggage that I can see. Personally I'd have to say that Ted Nugent is the man for the job. No matter what, this is a critical time for the NRA: we are up over 4 million members now and we need to keep on expanding.

Mark T. Christian
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    7mm - "Iconoclast"????????????????? You've been on the road too long, amigo . . . I don't clean up that well and I have the bad habit of speaking my mind. Whoa, thanks for the laugh!!

You know, Bob Smith would make a good one. I was deeply disappointed he lost the primary. I have disagreed - strongly! - with him on many issues over the years but I've always respected, admired & supported him. He is a man of integrity holding political office - he is not a politician.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iconclast, that is exactly why I choose you and Salzo first, speaketh the mind!
    I would love to see Ted Nugent as president, I think Ted can help bring in younger members and some of the bad politics would dissapear real fast.

I woulda chose AGLORE also but he would go to the FEDS and propose they outlaw all small cal rifles

Real men use little bullets.

Edited by - 7mm nut on 09/30/2002 21:37:42
  • thesoundguy1thesoundguy1 Member Posts: 680
    edited November -1
    How about NUNN?I like the way he runs this forum!

www.waveformwear.com
    The new wave in free expression.
  • snake-eyessnake-eyes Member Posts: 869
    edited November -1
    With the new laws on electoral-political (money) support for candidates in our Government I don't think the NRA will carry much clout any longer, sorry guys. I would like to see Marshall Mathers (Eminem) as NRA's president so we could get a 20-40 million more supporters.
    And Jesse Ventura for President of the United States, then we would all be ok anyways.

Isn't Tom Selleck Gay?

*If there is one gun for every 7 people in the world, I'm saving alot of people money*
  • mcneely77mcneely77 Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ted Nugent, Definetly Ted. The man speaks with a passion for hunting, guns, and freedom, equalled by very few.

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.

IALEFI, ASLET, NRA, and proud owner of a pair of S&W revolvers.
  • agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Only 223.

Although not a member I would support ted Nugent or Alan Keyes if he was a member.

AlleninAlaska

http://www.outdoor-o-rama.com

He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
    -- Thomas Paine
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    Ted Nugent would get my vote!
  • Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me... but I bet Bush will have a tantrum and classify NRA as a terrorist right wing organization.....

HARRR HARRR HARRR !!!

JD

1 megagogol contingent of pungent fly's cant be wrong ,eat dung!!!
  • pantera7974pantera7974 Member Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ANNA NICHOLE SMITH, would you talk crap about her cause to her huge face???, she`d eat you like a cupcake....

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Homer Simpson

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • pantera7974pantera7974 Member Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    D`OOOHHHH WOOHOO MMMMM BEER

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Either me or Selleck. Don't know if he's gay or not. Don't really care. I'm pretty sure I'm not.
    Bob Smith would be OK. Don't know how well his "politician" background would play to a lot of members though. The great many have this innate distrust of politicians. (And for good reason.)

Mudge the candidate

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wanna see Janet Reno as the next NRA President!

The itsy, bitsy spider crawled up the water...
    BLAM BLAM BLAM!
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thesupermonkey;

We are talking about the National Rifle Association.
    not Nominate Rats *.

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Spring CreekSpring Creek Member Posts: 1,260
    edited November -1
    I have to agree with Rembrant and say Kayne Robinson, as he is very knowlegable on NRA and 2nd Ammendment issues.
    I have heard him speak at NRA Meetings and he is an excellent speaker.
    Or, does the NRA need to go with someone like Ted Nugent, for the "celebrity" status and someone who more potential members know and can relate to?

JOIN THE NRA
    SUPPORT THE NRA
    LIFE MEMBER-BENEFACTOR