In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Joe had to go!

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
ARLINGTON, Va. Feb. 3 - Sen. Joe Lieberman, unable to inspire Democratic voters who embraced his 2000 vice presidential campaign, ended his presidential bid Tuesday night after a string of disappointing defeats. He pronounced himself proud, nonetheless, of the campaign he waged.
"The judgment of the voters is now clear," Lieberman told supporters gathered at a hotel in northern Virginia. " For me, it is now time to make a difficult but realistic decision. I have decided tonight to end my quest for the presidency of the United States of America. Am I disappointed? Naturally. But am I proud of what we stood for in this campaign? You bet I am."

Gun_smokes.gif

Swanton.gif

Comments

• BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Despite his long history with Gore the Bore, I think he was probably the Democratic candidate I despised the least.

He was certainly the most moderate out of the Democratic field. And the Liberals basically strung him up for it.

Considering that something like 80% of Democrats said THE most important thing about a candidate is that he could beat Bush, Lieberman never really had a chance.

Digression: Doesn't that seem really ignorant and dangerous of the Liberals? I know they're well-known for their dangerous levels of ignorance, but this seems a stretch even for them.

"We dont care if the guy wants to enslave the population and eat babies for breakfast! If he could get rid of Bush, we'll throw the entire party behind him!"

Idiots...

army_slblu.jpgpv2.gifInsignia_in.jpgairborne%20wings-2.jpgtogcrest.gif
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    another loser gone.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Bullzeye Posted - 02/04/2004 : 06:55:31 AM
    quote:Considering that something like 80% of Democrats said THE most important thing about a candidate is that he could beat Bush, Lieberman never really had a chance.

Lets see,now..that seems to be the VERY WORDS used by Republicans..change the word above to "Democrat candidate "on this board and other places...hmmmmm..?
    quote:Digression: Doesn't that seem really ignorant and dangerous of the Liberals? I know they're well-known for their dangerous levels of ignorance, but this seems a stretch even for them.
    Exactly the point being made by those really alarmed about the direction the "Conservatives" are taking the country going today...

" quote:We dont care if the quote:guy wants to enslave the population and eat babies for breakfast! If he could get rid of Bush, we'll throw the entire party behind him!" Idiots

Ya..we got a guy well ON his way to "Enslaving the population"..and still being supported..slavishly...

Idiots...

Just too bad folks cannot view both parties for what they are.When you stand on the Constitution,one Must view both with equal alarm..because neither party give one thin da*** about America.
  • Spring CreekSpring Creek Member Posts: 1,260
    edited November -1
    MOST people would learn from their mistakes, IF they weren't so busy
    trying to place the blame on someone else!!!!!!!