In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rambling about my universe (don't bother lookin')

powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
edited December 2003 in General Discussion
[}:)]Sitting at the computer, looking at the same jobs that were there three weeks ago, nothing new to speak of ( I do most of my job search on the internet, nothing in my line of work local or in the classifieds). ' Will just have to wait 'til after Jan 1st to see if my efforts will bloom and blossum into new and exciting opportunities, or-, wither and dry, to be blown away on the winds of unfulfilled expectation and hope. (Being unemployed gives opportunity to wax poetic in your contemplations.)[:D]

Still looking close to home. ' Would rather stay here and keep life simple than to complicate our existence by traveling over the entire US, I hope that will be possible. I figure with the job market being what it is, dispite what all the pundits tell us, I will find myself with a lower paying job, praying that my wife makes a sale with a good commission, burdened down by bills made when there was more money and the kids were away from home. (grandkids too).

Down to $200.00 in the bank without much opportunity to add to the coffers, with the exception of the unemployment cheques every two weeks (I hope for that bit anyway.) Anybody want to buy my junque??? Everything is for sale, everything is negotiable. (Well 'most everything, I still need my car to get to and from work, should that opportunity present itself). Look out 'E-bay' your about to be barraged with stuff for sale! [:D]

Everyone tells me I will miss the gran' when she is gone. !NOT! I've had it with toys strewn all over the house, wet, smelly diapers (she should be potty trained but...well ask her mother about that). A daughter that doesn't think she has to contribute to the upkeep of the house because she is working and has a child to care for. I WON'T MISS ANY OF THAT! I want my house back. I want to run through the house in my underwear (or hobble with my knees) without haveing to worry who may be home. (nice visual huh!?) [:D] Rant, rant, rant! Sometimes kids can be so unappreciative, I guess I was too when I was in that age bracket.

Doing more scrimshaw work now, got time on my hands, right? I am making some wedding presents for my daughter, since I won't have the money to buy anything or give them something for their 'huney-moon'. Probably won't appreciate it. (Boy am I negative or what?) Mrs Powdersmoke says I am in a 'bit-chee' mode.

Catching up on all my favorite cartoons. The depth of my conversing abilities is going to suffer when I can only talk about what the 'Big Bear in the Blue House' said, or the latest news from "Barney". (Die Barney, Die!) I have been learning new skills as a 'house-husband', I can even recognise dirt on the floor now and know that it needs to be vacuumed. Where can I put these new skills to work?[:D]

Well that's my rant about my universe to date.

fa4d9fb5.jpg

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Hang in their Powder, King George the SECOND says everything is a lot better now. I think we have all had the dispare of unemployment, but it seemed to work out, dont know why. I have 2 Children "Grown" I love them but do not like what they have done to me or their lives. Makes me sad when I think of them, Life has never been what I think it should be. I am Happy 90% of the time, So I am Lucky. I am sure you will find what your looking for.
  • Options
    KdubKdub Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Things have a way of working out, Powdersmoke -

Cheap advice is just that - cheap!

Got "RIFFED" myself at age 50 and the area running over with unemployed folks in my skills department, plus a wealth of younger people the corporations would rather hire. Had to pack up the family and move across country and then find a job. Tough choice, but had to be done. Yes, you'll likely have to accept a lower paying position and sorta start all over in career building. I was fortunate to find a good job that held up until retirement at my choice. Bet you can too![8D]

Keep off the Ridgeline