In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SaxonPig- Have an art question for you.

salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
I recently finished my basement, and have some wall space I would like to fill with some prints. I am looking for hunting scenes, not any "english hunt" type prints that I see so often, but more in the tradition of the Curier&Ives type. Something kind of "Faulkneresque" is what I am looking for. I have friends who are artists, but they look down on that type of art. Being that you are a shooter and art historian, I was hoping you might be able to steer me in the right direction. Any suggestions and/or sources to find such prints would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    metzmetz Member Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like F. Frazetta. You may not.Andy
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm no art expert....but I know what I like, Terry Redlin prints are first rate.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About anything on Black Velvet is good ... dont ya think? lol ... kidding
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Kimber, do you like the Elvis paintings or the Bull fight scenes? I am not far from Mexico and could probably get a few for your den at a decent price.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    A nude Rosie O'Donnell on a bearskin rug, painted on black velvet using blacklight iridescent paint.Party on, Wayne.Party on, Garth.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lowrider...... I just can't explpain the evil visual that conjures up. I think that is the first offensive thing I have seen on this board.Andy
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Low who could possibley paint that scene?How would you keep the light bulbs from busting?
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Yo Salzo........I know this Italian guy who just got finished painting a ceiling, I think his name is Michaelangelo. He still lives here in NJ, in fact he's been trying to get a carry permit for over two hundred years now, I'll ask him to give you a call.
    Guns don't kill people, it's the bullets.. stupidI am the NRAnjretcop@keepandbeararms.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My personal favorite is that nudie gal on the back mudflaps of an 18 wheeler ... 2nd place would be the dogs playing pool Lowrider, How dare you throw an image like that out on this board, thats disgusting! ... I thought we were all friends here ...He Dog, Sorry but the wife wont let me buy "art", she says I have my guns ... thats enough.Its hard to belive she has such good taste and still married me!
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com [This message has been edited by kimberkid (edited 09-07-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You know Lowrider, you are really disgusting, and anyway, I already have a picture of Rosie O'-D on my dart board.NJRetcop- I met that Michael Angelo guy when I was in Italy, and I think his work stinks.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would seem you are are a man blessed Kimberkid.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh come on Saxon, I know his last name, I was just playing.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    You never know,the right guy could get ol` Rosie on that bear skin,and straiten out her whole belief system!!!
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    SaxonPig- I just looked it up. Your wrong!! His last name is actually Bonaparte. Not only is he a fine painter, but an emperor as well. I would think an art historian would know that(LOL).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    218Beekeep,I dont think I know of anyone with that kind of courage! ... maybe that Michael Angelo-Bonaparte guy that Saxton & salzo keep talking about would ... he old, maybe he's desprate too!
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Frederick Remington......not a joke. Andy likes those warrior girls and Meat Loaf album covers, apparently!!!
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....I always like the works of....Rembrandt
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Daaang-it,rider,now I can`t stop thinkin`bout Rosie, naked on that dern bear skin,in my study ,and me wearin` nothin but a smokin` jaket, a cognac and a fine cigar.Daaang-it, Rembrant,you do paint a purdy picture.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was just sorta jokin`...... `cause I thought maybe..... it might would be sorta funny.
  • Options
    jrzyjohnjrzyjohn Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only bear skin rug i want to see rosie on is a live 1200 pound grizzly who's hungry, wait a minute thats really not fair to the Grizzly is it ?
  • Options
    PupPup Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope for all your sakes' somebody from PETA isn't monitoring this board. Just when they thought cruelty to animals couldn't get any worse somebody had to bring together Rosie O'D and a poor, helpless, fuzzy wuzzy little grizzly.....I don't think I'll sleep easy tonight guys.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dang, good job 'Beast! Didn't think anyone else remembered him. Something about a scantily clad geogeous woman with a weapon.Andy