In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Venison in the freezer

savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in General Discussion
Went hunting in North Florida this morning was able to get a nice Doe used the Marlin 308 express

Comments

• danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got a nice doe cut up in my freezer...all I did was give my co-worker $65 for the processing, he brought it too me vacuum sealed and frozen. [;)] That's what I call service, no killing, no cleaning, no driving or hiking into the woods. hell I can't even get beef delivered like that!
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First off, Congrats Gary. That is awesome. Now, I want to ask you something. How do you like the 308 Express.???? I want to buy one. My friend just got one and he sighted it in last week. We couldn't get the scope on paper at 25 yards. I told him that he needs to shim the scope. It was maxed out and still shooting 8" high . I really like lever guns, especially a Marlin. I know this gun was made by Remington, but i like it. How is the fit to finish??? Meaning how is the wood, where it meets the metal??I noticed the new Marlins basically suck with their fit to finish, on the ones I have seen. Oakie
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oakie, if you like levers, fine a Winchester Model 88. You wont look any further.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    I've got a nice doe cut up in my freezer...all I did was give my co-worker $65 for the processing, he brought it too me vacuum sealed and frozen. [;)] That's what I call service, no killing, no cleaning, no driving or hiking into the woods. hell I can't even get beef delivered like that!
    Wow!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    First off, Congrats Gary. That is awesome. Now, I want to ask you something. How do you like the 308 Express.???? I want to buy one. My friend just got one and he sighted it in last week. We couldn't get the scope on paper at 25 yards. I told him that he needs to shim the scope. It was maxed out and still shooting 8" high . I really like lever guns, especially a Marlin. I know this gun was made by Remington, but i like it. How is the fit to finish??? Meaning how is the wood, where it meets the metal??I noticed the new Marlins basically suck with their fit to finish, on the ones I have seen. Oakie
    The one I have is before Remington made 2007 fit and finish is excellant on this one .
    The 308 Marlin express will do everything the .300 savage does only downfall there is only one manufacture of ammo and only 2 loads available
  • gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1