In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marlin model 60

EthanBEthanB Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
edited November 2002 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Is $75.00 a fair price for this model. Good shape but missing rear sight. I fired it with good ammo and it did good but it didn't like that cheap bulk crap i got from WAL-SCAM.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, it's time I finally clean this gun. I've had it for about 6 years and my dad has had it at least 15 years before that. It's never had more that just a swab down the barrel and now the action is pretty well gummed up and I want to give it a good thorough cleaning.
    I feel stupid for having to ask, but my question is, can I safely remove the stock without pieces going everywhere? If so, do I need to unscrew all 3 screws (2 smaller screws in the trigger guard and 1 larger screw in the forearm) on the stock or just the larger one? Any other advice on this model?
  • Options
    TazmuttTazmutt Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This would be best served in Ask The Experts, but while we're here ... Remove the rear trigger housing screw and the large one in the fore-stock. Entire action comes out and it is not like a watch (little pieces and springs a goin every where) Piece-o-cake

Taz

"A Fear of Weapons is a sign of Retarded Sexual
    and Emotional Maturity" Sigmund Freud
    "MOLON LABE !"