In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How would one sell a knife?

llamas1llamas1 Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Are there any laws on selling knives simular to guns. Can I send it via US mail, Is length of blade a consideration, etc?

Comments

• Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Confirm SaxonPig, no easy way. In PA, butterfly knives are legal, but not in NY. Here in Kalifornia, as I understand it, double-edged knives are illegal, but they are sold everywhere. As soon as you step out of the shop, you are guilty of a felony. Sorry for the lack of clear answers.
    I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.--Voltare
  • Options
    llamas1llamas1 Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The knife in question is a folding Kris. Closed it's length is 8" locked open it 15".I'm wanting to put it up for auction but don't want to break any laws.
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe it is illegal to CARRY(Not Buy/Collect) Switch Blades, Knives Over 6 Inches, or Balisongs. If it was illegal to purchase said knives then kitchen knives would have to fall under the same guidelines.Monkey
  • Options
    Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    I would try to CUT a deal.
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis