In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Afton Wy,

MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
edited June 2008 in General Discussion
Anyone near there. I have to go find out if one of our collared critters made it up there. Any info. on whether the bill to carry a firearm on federal lands passed either? Our collar was on a small rabbit but who knows I might be tracking a damn bear or lion. Hopefully it is just an elk.

Comments

• Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Our collar was on a small rabbit but who knows I might be tracking a damn bear or lion. Hopefully it is just an elk.You put a tracking device on a small rabbit, but now it might be transmitting from the stomach of a mountain lion or bear; although the rabbit might have actually been a jack-a-lope that morphed into an elk! [:0] I'm confused! [:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    The is a chance the frequency is used on another critter. There are only a select number of radio frequencies for wildlife purposes. This is controlled by the FCC. So different agencies reuse frequencies. Since the rabbit was collared in UT it is unlikely that it would have made it to WY, but it is possible. We shall see. If anything an eagle may have carried it off for a brood. Any of the predations we have seen thus far the collar has been left behind. Plus because of a large portion of range and cattle production the only mega predators in force are coyotes.
  • Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can pack anything short of a small nuclear device to hunt predators in Wyoming.
    Star Valley is surrounded by the Bridger-Teton Nat'l forest and tracts of BLM to the south over Salt pass toward Cokeville,All this ground is open to practical use, just if you edge toward the west and find yourself in Idaho the rotten bastages require a non-resident to have at least a small game license to even target practice.
    And for you to know as far as wolves, anything south of Teton pass and west of Hoback Jct and hwy 189 is fair game and can be smoked on sight. That means Star Valley and the Greys river country from end to end
    Good Hunting!
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dpmule
    Star Valley is surrounded by the Bridger-Teton Nat'l forest and tracts of BLM to the south over Salt pass toward Cokeville,All this ground is open to practical use, just if you edge toward the west and find yourself in Idaho the rotten bastages require a non-resident to have at least a small game license to even target practice.

And when caught the basterds will also test you for scabies, rabies, scours and hoof in mouth disease, then give you a much-needed bath and send ya packin'. And rightly so.

Clouder..