In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

MEET_THE_PRESS.......Pres. Bush

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I just want to let you all know that George W. Bush will be on an hour long Meet The Press this Sunday.

No written speeches to read from.
The "Ban" may come up here since it will Sunset in 7 Months and 7 Days.

Should be worth watching for Most.

I know I'll be Watching. [:D] [:D] [8D]
I just found out this has already been recorded and probably government edited. I was hoping this would be live.

Jacksonville.gif
sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
http://www.awbansunset.com/
Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Just watched him on T.V. yesterday. Was in Charleston,SC trying to convince everyone the economy is booming.
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    The economy is booming. Check out the stock market trends....

Larry
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep we got a boom. My stocks are up to 40% down from 3 years ago.[:(]

Mad Dog
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bttt.gif
    Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good call niner. I'll be watching.

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Travis,

Sell them all right now and cut your losses.

Clouder..
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by whiteclouder
    Travis,

Sell them all right now and cut your losses.

Clouder..

I sell my stock but only cut the bulls...[}:)]

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    I plan to watch the show. There will be no questions about the AW Ban. There will be questions regarding Bush's National Guard service which Bush will not answer. Somehow Bush will avoid mentioning Osama Bin Laden by name. The fact that Bush's handlers are allowing him to be on Meet The Press is an indication of how worried they are becoming about Bush's re-election prospects. The midnight oil is burning tonight at the White House.
    edited November -1
    hermit:

If he declines to meet with the press, you whine, if he meets with the press, you whine. You cannot be satisfied and are best left to bawl until you go to sleep again.

This exhibit the classic behavior of a person who could not keep track of the teat while nursing.

Clouder..
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Saw the interview. He gave a nice speech, but he managed to answer the questions without answering them.

If he doesn't brush up on his basic speech skills (articulation, vocabulary... opening his mouth without putting his foot into it) he's going to be in deep trouble come November.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cripe I missed it.. well actually sounds like I didn't
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    Whiteclouder, I express my opinion without stooping to the level of making crude comments about the members. If you don't care to read my posts, then skip over them. It would be nice to keep the board civil but that's obviously too much to ask of some folks. I make a point of never writing anything in a post that I wouldn't say face to face.
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshermit
    I plan to watch the show. There will be no questions about the AW Ban. There will be questions regarding Bush's National Guard service which Bush will not answer. Somehow Bush will avoid mentioning Osama Bin Laden by name. The fact that Bush's handlers are allowing him to be on Meet The Press is an indication of how worried they are becoming about Bush's re-election prospects. The midnight oil is burning tonight at the White House.

Seems that he addressed all of these except the AW Ban.

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welp, it certainly seemed Like Russert chose to have mercy on him. Most of the first half hour dealt with the Iraq conflict, and GW answered every inquiry with the same answer-or variation.

I was particularly dissapointed when Russert asked him about how conservatives are concerned about the ridiculous spending spree GW is on, and GW answered something to the effect "Well they have to understand we are at wAR, and our soldies need the best equipment/services during this time of war". Would have been nice if Russert followed up with a question dealing with the fact that non military spending HAS GONE THROUGH THE ROOF under this administration-conservatives generally support millitary spending, but loathe domestic spending. Seems GW avoided a curve ball for sure.
    I would have also liked to have seen Russert ask him some more questions dealing with domestic issues, ie, asking GW, why after acknowledging that CFR was unconstitutional, did he decide to sign it anyway, and let the "courts decide" whether or not it was constituional, and what doesw he think about the fact that they let the law, that GW acknowledged was in fact unconstitutional(yet signed anyway), stand?
    All in all, I think the questioning probably did little harm when it comes to conserving the base, but at the same time, did little to get moderates and leftist to come on board with his Iraq policy.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1

Whiteclouder, I express my opinion without stooping to the level of making crude comments...I make a point of never writing anything in a post that I wouldn't say face to face.

The inanity of your post could not be ignored. You pre-suppose not only what the questions are but what the answer won't be. Amazing feat. Then you assert your vast political knowledge and leap to inform us what the Republican Party is thinking. And in one final flight of fancy, you imagine it's suddenly midnight on the east coast.

So keep posting hermit, at least you're good for a laugh.

Clouder..