In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

KID__ ROCK__ SUCKS

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I Very Much take Offense to Kid Rock wearing the American Flag as a Poncho! ! ! !

Jacksonville.gif
sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
http://www.awbansunset.com/
Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Makes me wanna go outside and scream. Society accepts this garbage.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So does Janet... Why would they put her on with all the crap going on with her brother (or is it sister) now?
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    What do ya expect? [}:)][:o)]They got no respect for anything except the all mighty dollar that the dimwits pay em to attend..

flageagle.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ????? Why do you take offense to him wearing the flag???

Frog
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FrOg

http://12.164.81.10/betsy/flagetiq.html
    Flag Rules and Regulations

Title 4, Chapter 1: The Flag

Sec. 8. - Respect for flag
    No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

D. The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ohh.... didn't realize that's what you meant. Thought you were referring more to Kid Rock wearing the flag, not wearing the flag in general.

Frog
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Kid Rock supports the US military to the hilt. He was the headline act on the USO tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. He's one of VERY few modern musicians who dare to admit they support our troops and are proud to be Americans.

He has flags all over his gear. He plays with an American flag guitar.

I guarantee you he doesn't intend the flag any disrespect. He's a breath of fresh air in a genre of music that's overwhelmingly dominated by US-hating, anarchy-advocating, ungrateful little ba$tards.

So please don't act like he's some sort of a flag hater. We've got enough real flag haters already. [:(!][:(!]

army_slblu.jpgpv2.gifInsignia_in.jpgairborne%20wings-2.jpgtogcrest.gif
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:So please don't act like he's some sort of a flag hater.
    Where do you get that from?
    I'm saying he is Disrespectful to the Flag through Ignorance or for Profit.

Did you read the Rules on Flags?
    Or is that like the US Constitution and Bible?
    It just doesn't mean anything anymore.
    Jacksonville.gif
  • zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never did like him

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,063 ******
    edited November -1
    I continue to be amazed at what passes for talent anymore.

Poking a hole in the American flag so you can wear it over your head is just WRONG!

Remember back in the 70s when a lot of police agencies put the flag on their uniforms? I didn't like that much either.

The flag is not wearing apparel.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
    edited November -1
    Ruger:

Many civilians don't understand the complex regulations regarding care and handling of the US flag. But I have a few questions for you:

Have you personally burned or supervised the burning of every single flag that you personally saw touch the ground?

Have you ever flown US Airways? Then you were complicit in disrespecting the flag. US Airways has an American flag in their logo, which is prohibited. For the record, the US Army has an official contract with US Airways to transport Army personnel around the country. I myself flew US Airways to get to Basic, and then later to get to my duty station. So I guess you could say the US Army is complicit in disrespect to the flag, as well.

Have you ever used an American flag stamp, or ever used the USPS? There you go again. The flag stamp is prohibited too, and anyone using the USPS is complicit in disrespect.

Every time you see a flag, be it on TV, in a magazine, or outside, do you immediately come to the position of attention and either present arms or place your hand over your heart?

• crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ignorance of flag protocol abounds in the country. Recently, I saw an advertisement in the paper from a large furniture and appliance store, McMahons.....they were advertising a patio/lounge chair for $10 each. The fabric was an American Flag. It may not have started out as a flag, but it was the stars and stripes anyway. I could just imagine some larda** plopping down on it....[V][V] Maybe I'm just too sensitive, but some things still are sacred to me.

denny
    edited November -1
    If you've got half a brain on you, you should be able to differentiate between someone earnestly trying to show their patriotism and some little s**t trying to disrespect the flag.

It's not all that hard.

But apparently there are those who think someone pissing on the flag and stomping it into the mud is the same thing as someone wearing a t-shirt with the flag and GOD BLESS THE USA. [:(!]

• interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Right ON BULLZER! Kid Rock ROCKS!!

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
    edited November -1
    If the guy screwed up and wore the flag in incorrect manner, then by all means, let him know.

Send him a letter. Write him an email. Correct him in some manner.

Don't just sit there and onager him out like he's doing it just to be a jerk. Cause you know he's not.

I remember a few years ago, Rage Against the Machine was on SNL. They had an American flag hanging upside down from one of their amp stacks and a Soviet hammer and sickle flag hanging from the other stack. They ended up getting thrown out on their ear during the commercial break and didn't get to play their second song.

THAT'S disrespecting the flag.
  • deputydondeputydon Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMHO the whole half time show was disgusting - sucked too!

Parsons.gif
    0.jpg
    When they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Sure amazing how smart ol' Bulz got after joining the Army, huh? That's assuming he really DID join the Army. He's now the foremost authority on the military in general, on the UCMJ, on patriotism, flag etiquette, military weapons, military strategy, and sometimes he's even a spokesman for the Army. He's probably been promoted to General by now. [:0]

I think he's even a member of Kid Rock's promotional team, whoever the hell Kid Rock is.[:D]

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always got steamed out the ears whenever a group of 500 jump wonder wannabe demo jumpers would fly the colors into a public gathering and drag it across the ground upon landing then bunch or roll it up and stuff in a bag afterwards. Too many good people died for those colors which represent us and our free nation to be carelessly and purposely disrespected out of ignorance or indifference.

Sure we all have broke the rules when it comes to handling and displaying Old Glory and keeping strict protocol sometimes is as hard as keeping the 10 Commandments. Accidents, mishaps, and innocent
    violations of flag protocol can and will happen and we, who are respectfull, duly recognize our errors and strive to correct them for future flag handling and displaying.................this is a far cry from blatent disrespect.

Learning what our flag is and what it is all about and how to properly show respect used to be taught in school.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!
  • WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    kidrock1.jpg

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
    I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunpaq
    Learning what our flag is and what it is all about and how to properly show respect used to be taught in school.

Absolutely!

Wagion: Never said he wasn't controversial. [:D]

But these days if you want to find a musician who doesn't swear, womanize, drink excessively, or use drugs to some extent, you'll either be in the Gospel section of the music store or listening to Gregorian Chants.

And don't tell me Country is still pure. I've heard some of chart-topping country songs these days, and a fair number of them seem to revolve around the artists' sexual exploits in their youth.

I even recently heard one memorable country version of Snoop Dogg's Gin and Juice that had me gasping for air.

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I agree with Bullzeye. Kid Rock has definitely shown his true opinion in supporting our troops almost as much as Toby Keith. Unlike those dixie chicks!!!!

I "think" he was displaying the flag in a good manner (in his eyes). Not as a bad gesture. Maybe someone should contact him through his website and find out for sure. Possibly even show the flag rules and regulations that RugerNiner has shown us.
    I myself am very patriotic and I have not read the rules and regulations of a flag until now.

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • OU812OU812 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wanna start out by saying KID ROCK ROCKS. He is an ALL-AMERICAN. He sings about America and he also supports America. I dont care what you say--everyone has disregarded the RULES of the Flag. Whether it be using a flad stamp, not taking your hat off, not putting your hand over your heart. its all a matter of opinion and how people do things. In a world of so many degrading musical artists, Kid Rock is one that supports his country and SHOWS it. You dont hear to much about the Dixie Chicks and their views of our country. They said they hated the President and were disgraced to admit they were Americans. Sure everyone got pissed off and they appologized--but only because their publicists told them how much MONEY they were going to lose. And you wanna talk about the All mighty dollar. I just seen the dixie Chicks on Tv the other day and they said it again--we are standing by what we said about the President and about what we said about being Americans. They won a music award and then I guess they felt it was OK to stand up and open their big mouths again. I dont agree with everything thats going on in Iraq--but Sadaam had it coming and so does Bin Laden for coming over here and violating the American people just as Japan had it coming to get Nuked. Kid Rock is one of the very few that went on the USO tour to entertain our troops that are making it a reality for people in Iraq and the USA to enjoy FREEDOM. Opinions are like a**holes--everyones got one, or two. There are alot of famous people whether it be actors, actresses, musicians, and so on that degrade the flag, but Kid Rock is a prime target because of some of his lyrics and his lifestyle. Seems as some are just hypocrits and want to single out one person--kinda like environmentalists.[:D]
  • SilverBoxSilverBox Member Posts: 2,347
    edited November -1
    I thought he gave the only decent performance. Its entertainment. If he was wearing a flaglike poncho, he meant it as patriotic not to piss peeps off.

LIGHTEN UP

quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner
    I Very Much take Offense to Kid Rock wearing the American Flag as a Poncho! ! ! !

Jacksonville.gif
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Right on OU812!! welcome aboard

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • NOSLEEPNOSLEEP Member Posts: 4,526
    edited November -1
    He should have known better.

The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing.

U.S. FLAG CODE (4 us code 1}

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not,
    and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lowrider
    Sure amazing how smart ol' Bulz got after joining the Army, huh? That's assuming he really DID join the Army.

Lowrider:

We may not agree on much but this is the exception. The little puke is a fraud. Has been one from day one.

Clouder..