In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I'm ticked off really bad.

spec.4spec.4 Member Posts: 897 ✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
Friday, I picked up my deers that I killed that Sat. before and I told them I want the hides. Paid extra $6.00 each for the hide. I checked the hide this evening, and they give me the yearling but the doe hide is wrong. It was a once in a life time shot and they give me the wrong hide. How my times have you killed two deers with one shot? Well, this is my first one shot, two kills. I am proud of that shot, but I am not proud of killing a yearling. The hit on the doe was at the left side between the neck and the shoulder and came out at mid ways of her body on the right side underneath. Then it hit the yearling mid neck then almost came out at between the lower neck and the upper back. I never saw the yearling until I went to field dress the doe.
Don't fear the night, fear what hunt at night. ME!!

Comments

• Options
    spec.4spec.4 Member Posts: 897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    YES, but I did not see any thing but the doe. I was up on a hill, she was on a hill too. Her front feet was on top of the hill, her hind feet was on the slope, and she was about a 45 degrees for me, which means that she block my view of the yearling. Yearling weight about 55 lbs. Had one shot to take. But still happy with the shot. And went back to the check in station that is a butcher shop, and they could not find my hide but give me one with out any holes in the hide(head shot). I am happy now.spec.4
    Don't fear the night, fear what hunt at night. ME!!