In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Are ya kin ta anybody famous?

2»

Comments

• v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mudge, are you holding out on us ? Are you related to Lt.Col. Charles Mudge, 2nd Mass. USA killed at Gettysburg ?
  • arthur wellingarthur welling Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was told by my father, in veritis, that my grandmother was into geneology for a SHORT time, back when it was really fashionablein hoity toity New York.She found that my Grandfather was a direct blood descendant of the original King Uther Pendragon. Hence the family name, 'Arthur'being handed down for so many generations.This was a GOOD thing to her I guess.Then, she dug further and found the single famous relation in her blood line was the only horse thief to be hung in the tower of london.I was made to understand that she promptly gave up all geneological studies at that point.I can't back up any of this... I have no family history and Dad only talked when he was happily blitzed. When sober, he refused to discuss his family history, or his for that matter. I grew up wondering if he was wanted by the Feds or something like that.
  • TRIGGERSGHOSTTRIGGERSGHOST Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey 22WRF--accross the river from me in Portland Oregon along the freeway there is a very big wooden building with the words painted on it--STUDEBAKER WAGONS AND SHOVELS.I plan to get a picture of it some day,before it is gone forever.Had 2 studebakers myself.50 Champion,and a 57 Scotsman with plaid seats.Dead Horse Walking
  • zombiedawgzombiedawg Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sir Francis Drake( not sure what he actually did) somewhere on my grandmother's side. Ithhink my dad said he was a glorified pirate.My mother' s great granfather was Paul Bremond. He built the first railroad in Texas.As far as knowing people who have good or bad things.In Houston the girl from the 'Thelma and Louise' team was in my apartment when she worked for the maintenance association. I guess this was before her life of crime.My wife met Patrick Swayze regularly when she waited tables at Golden Corral in Tomball, Texas.Endless sports players while working for restaurants.Newscasters from Houston channels. They are a scary bunch without the makeup. Except Shern-Min Chow, she is a sweetie.My dad had members from the 'Flying Tigers' stay with he and his parents during the war when he was young.I could go on and on with that part of it.
    RANGE ME[This message has been edited by zombiedawg (edited 01-01-2002).]
  • XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    My great granduncle was General William Tecumseh Sherman. Going a bit farther back, we're also related to Roger Sherman, signer of The Declaration of Independance.
  • XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    My great granduncle was General William Tecumseh Sherman. Going a bit farther back, we're also related to Roger Sherman, signer of The Declaration of Independance.
  • legn4legn4 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pocahantas was supposed to be related, who knows maybe Iam related to Otoman.
    Work'n like a dog all nite
  • Miss. CreantMiss. Creant Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe myself to be a reincarnated John Moses Browning.Seriously, My great Grandfather on my fathers side came off an orphan train so we know nothing. On my Fathers side my grandmother gave me a big box of stuff from her relatives. One of them was an admiral in the Englics navy and fought pirates all over the oceans. His journal fro the 1700's is great reading.
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not related, but I played in the Rose Bowl with Dick Butkus. I played end.Only he was on the Fighting Illini, and I was in the Marching Illini ... just tooting my clarinet!
    Ken
  • llibllib Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My sixth great grandfather was Charles "Cager" Creel, 8th Va. Reg. enlisted Feb. 1776. His Reg. was folded into Washington's Continental Army shortly before Valley Forge. I descended from his first son. Cousins, down through time, included a Mexican War soldier under General Wm. T. Ward, then consul to Mexico. From him came Enrique (Henry) Clay Creel, Gov. of Chihuaua, Mexico later to be ambassador to Washington during the Taft administration. Later came a distant cousin, Samuel Clemmons.Then, much later I, who am just a collector, love Colts, daddle around as successfully unemployed and try to stay out of trouble.
  • pimpinbitchespimpinbitches Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am the Lindbergh baby.Wah.Wah.
  • spec.4spec.4 Member Posts: 897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I throw my name in this to, some how I am related to Gen. Wainwright, by what my grandma told me. I think she said the he is my great great uncle. I would like to found out. And maybe that is way most of my family is in the military before and after. His father was a naval officer and his son was a officer in the Army too.Spec.4Robert Wain(w)right