In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Is there something wrong with me?

11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I didn't even take the time to remember mother's day, or to get ahold of my mother to wish her a happy one (not that she would have much right to have a happy one this year). The worst part is that I have no remorse for it, either.

Is that a bad thing?

BTW, she's the one who's filing divorce paperwork on my Dad after almost 29 years of marriage and 3 kids, and the worst part is that she has blatantly lied on the paperwork.

Comments

• 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    About a month ago I bought the musical soundtrack to Halo 3 because I can't get enough of the music. Am I a true Halo freak?
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still your mother though,.....the only one you will ever have.
    The other is a bummer, but consider yourself lucky in having had both parents for this length of time.

Personally I would let them handle the divorce, and not divide the family further,......but what do I know?
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    She has made a decision that upset you, so now you will estrange yourself from her....
    Never mind that there are always things in a marriage people don't see, and maybe your mother just was not happy.

I thought you were the smartest person on this board.[xx(]
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Still your mother though,.....the only one you will ever have.
    The other is a bummer, but consider yourself lucky in having had both parents for this length of time.

Personally I would let them handle the divorce, and not divide the family further,......but what do I know?

+1 and i wish thats all mine ever done, you got it easy zulu
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 25,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had a strained relationship with my mother for many years. But she is still my mother and out of respect and honor, I do what I can for her.

It is hard at times, but I feel this is my duty as a son.
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She may have pissed down your back or made your dads life a living hell, but call and say "Happy Mothers Day"
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
  • bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think there's anything wrong with your viewpoint. Kids, even adult children, usually bear the brunt of the discomfort of divorce. If she wants out of the picture, then let her truly be all the way out.

If you're hurt right now, go ahead and be hurt. You have a right to hate what she did and you damn well have a right to associate or not associate yourself with whoever you please, for any reason or for no reason. When and if it heals, maybe your feelings towards her will change.

Maybe you should call her and not wish her happy Mother's day, but instead give her "what for", and explain it to her just the way you did here.
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    Something wrong with you? yeah your mad about the split. From my position it was harder for me to watch the parents split as an adult then if they would have done it when we were kids.

Should just call her and tell her happy mothers day. It may clear your mind and close the subject for you for now. Some good conversation may occur out of it.

Only my worthless opinion... Give mom a quick call, maybe thank here for bringing you into the world.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kind of see his point. My Mom sued me for support.

At the time I was a Very Young Private in the Marine Corps before the Big pay increases. Married with a child on the way. What she was trying to get ammounted to over half my pay.

That was the last I talked to her. She passed a few years ago.
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure where people got it into their heads that ignoring a problem made it better.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dnelson457
    Kind of see his point. My Mom sued me for support.

At the time I was a Very Young Private in the Marine Corps before the Big pay increases. Married with a child on the way. What she was trying to get ammounted to over half my pay.

That was the last I talked to her. She passed a few years ago.

How is that possible?
    In your case I wouldn't blame you for your feelings,.......myself, I hope my mother lives to be 100, as long as she feels decent, and has a quality of life.
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    Nothings wrong with you. I sent my Mom an email. I havent spoken to her in about 4 months.
  • RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tough call, but I'm reminded of a couple of things folks have told me over the years,
    You don't forgive people because they deserve it, you forgive them so you can free yourself more completely to move on past the issue(s), and,
    You don't treat people with class because of who they are, you treat them with class because of who you are.
    Take care,
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RCrosby
    Tough call, but I'm reminded of a couple of things folks have told me over the years,
    You don't forgive people because they deserve it, you forgive them so you can free yourself more completely to move on past the issue(s), and,
    You don't treat people with class because of who they are, you treat them with class because of who you are.
    Take care,

Now there is some good advice IMHO.
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    I'd give my left one if my mother was still around for me to be mad at.

Been gone near 30 years, and I still miss her.

Life is too short to stay pissed off at your mother.
  • screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    You should call your mother. My cousin hasn't talked with his mom in over 17 years after she divorced his step dad. I don't know why they have not talked but I know why they divorced. My cousin has a 4 year old girl his mother has not held- only seen a picture of and it's her only grandchild.

Just call mom- it's not like you have to talk about the divorce.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mother's Day was invented by Hallmark Cards so they could get some business in May.
  • HollywoodHollywood Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Is there something wrong with me?

Yes, you're from Wisconsin![:D]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
  • JamesQuinnJamesQuinn Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She's a lousy mother. She raised you to be a self-centered crybaby.

So what? There's still time to call her up and wish her a Happy Mother's Day.

If you don't the day will come when you'll wish you could turn back the hands of time.
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    Just sent you an email.....Call her!
  • MFinnMFinn Member Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give her a call and wish her happy mothers day, please!!
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    I wish Mama was here so I could call here and wish her a happy Mother's Day. Call. Now.
  • spec.4spec.4 Member Posts: 897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am adding my 2 cents in this. What is happing between your father and mother is between them. Stay out of it, unless you are asked to go to court by the court. Then you tell the truth. But say out of it.

I lost my mother this year do to cancear, I move half way across the country to be with her for her last year. She alway thought of herself has a bad mother, but what she did was to fedn clothed, and housed her two boys and one girl. She work two job and still was not enought. They was a gap about 7 years that she did not talk to me cause what she did to me. If only she talked to me. I had it hard for two years with money problem. But I made it. When my brother pass three years ago, we patch things up. I was glad that I was home when she pass away.

Do yourself a favor call her and wish her a happy mother day. Don't turn your back on family because what the are doing to each other. To me if you turn your back on family , you are no good. And no better then the one that hurt you.

Spec4