In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

MRE Bombs/Draino Bombs/Ignorant Police and Courts

2»

Comments

• Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    ids - I would love to read your post, but it's twice as wide as my screen. Oh, well.......

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    This is exactly why I want to buy atleast 20 acres of land, enough where I won't have to worry about the neighbors calling the cops on my kids....or me.[:D][:D]

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • Brth729Brth729 Member Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This brought back a flash of great childhood memories. If a kid today tried the same stuff I did when I was younger, the courts would probably fry them to a crisp.

Matchstick rockets, that my dad showed me how to make, using paper matches and a small piece of foil....building model airplanes, and waiting two days for them to dry, only to cover them with more glue, light them on fire, and launch them out the attic window....taping a couple cherrybombs to an arrow and shooting it straight up in the air....putting my matchbox cars on firecrackers (some of them went 0-60 pretty damn quick)....

My grandfather once told me,"It's not what a man possesses that determines the importance and quality of his life, but rather what possesses the man.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,502 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you ever make a cannon from a bicycle spoke?

That damn a-bomb blew up the screen I can't read this thread anymore.
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Take a cutting torch and fill a baloon with acetlyne, tie a rag to the bottom, light and run like heck. KABOOM!

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, a Drano or lye bomb would be a REALLY BAD idea. What happens when something blows up? The stuff it's made of goes in all directions. Don't do this with a caustic, any more than you might with a flammable. "They" always say "it'll put your eye out", but in this case, "they" are right. Just one droplet of lye on your cornea, and your vision can easily be compromised FOR LIFE. If you are a shooter, your hobby is DONE.

I don't even open a container of lye without putting goggles on first.

"Go to Lakedaemon, stranger passing by;
    And say there, that in obedience to her law, here we lie"
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe I mis-titled the thread. I used the term "Draino Bomb" because most people would have no idea what it meant if I titled the post "MRE Bombs".

MRE Bombs are quite harmless if you use a plastic container like the Diet DR. Pepper bottle sitting next to me right now.
  • EndlssEndlss Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw a video on a site the other day of some kids making the"pop" bottle bombs. They added the ingredients then capped it and shuck it up. Next thing you saw was the camera fall and heard them yellin for help for the guy who was holding it.
    On same site a group filled a honeydew melon with gas, lit it, then hit it with a golf club. Kid was engulfed(sp)in a fire ball and burned.