In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Martha Stewart

MPinkstonMPinkston Member Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
is a babe.

As I get older, she becomes more and more my ideal woman.

Comments

• MPinkstonMPinkston Member Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heard on the local news this evening that they are sending Martha Stewart to the Federal Womens Prison in Alderson WV.
    Its a working prison meaning youre required to work unless you are not able to do so. So no Club Fed for her unless she recieves special treatment.
    Its only about an hour from me,,Maybe I should visit her. [:D][:D][:D][:D]

FUNCTION BEFORE STYLE
  • MPinkstonMPinkston Member Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Judge in her case just dismissed the charges against her. What the heck?

aguncollector@prodigy.net
  • stevemmstevemm Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He just dismissed the fraud charge. She is still charged with conspiracy and obstruction of justice which are just as serious. She's not out of the woods yet.
  • 4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    The remaining charges against her are minor comparatively speaking. It looks like she is going to get away with paying a minor fine, far less than her defense costs, and it will be chalked up as yet another boondoggle that will cost the taxpayers a small fortune.

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by stevemm
    He just dismissed the fraud charge. She is still charged with conspiracy and obstruction of justice which are just as serious. She's not out of the woods yet.

The most serious charge has been dropped--justifibly so IMO.

The whole case represents a complete waste of taxpayer dollars. She should have received a fine, been slapped on the wrist and been told, "Behave yourself!"

But the government just loves to waste your money...
  • stevemmstevemm Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The penalty for the fraud charge was up to 10 years and $1 million. The other two charges can result in up to 5 years and $250,00 each. There are also two lying to investigators charges with lesser penalties.
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The fraud charge was that she was trying to protect the value of the stock of her company. This was ludicrous on the face of it because she has a fiduciary duty to protect the value of the stock.