In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WTB Bear spray

mikerussellmikerussell Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Has any one use this product,i am told its like mace with yellow dye?Who sells it?

Comments

• modocmodoc Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might consider a marine flare gun,the one that fires the 12 ga. flares.I understand it will put them in full flight with one shot to the face or chest.That is when they are actually attacting you.Otherwise I would just stay away from them.
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    This may sound smartypantsish but here goes. Wouldn't lead and gunpowder be the best "bear spray?"
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, take it to a mechanic. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's called BearGuard. It's about 10% OCS compared to 5% which is most high grade cilivian/LE formulas. Thought I heard California was banning the 10%-to inhumane.Humans really suffer, have been hospitalized, even reports of deaths.I keep it with hunting/camping gear. Will dig out if you need more info.Great outdoor protection, if upwind...!
    Happy Bullet Holes!
  • Daddy2B8162Daddy2B8162 Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know here guys, but if you are just looking for stronger stuff for persoal protection from people, that is one thing.... But if you are really looking for protection from a pissed off bear, GRIZ !!!!! at that, there is just something that tells me that you like pain....The bear is already pissed at you or there wouldn't be a problem in the first place, and now you just want to piss it off more with a spray...So who out there has ever sprayed a Griz that was charging with the spray??? How did it work?? I will admit, I'm with 270 on this one.. Give me powder, smoke and a lead jacketed slug
  • Hillbilly HankHillbilly Hank Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    12 guage slugs
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems like every time we do this someone mentions that you can tell bear droppings because of the strong odor of pepper.