In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Israelis and the PLO

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Not trying to stir the pot here, But I heard on a talk show today and the subject was-

Is the hatred between the two really over Land? Or Race?

I know it sounds dumb but I have never been clear on the subject, I have always thought it was just an occupation issue, and the right of a PLO state to exist on the same ground. But after today It seems that it runs much deeper than that- what am I missing here?

gun1.gif
"If you aim at nothing,
you will be sure to hit it"
hsas371x48.gif
Santa_Cruz.gif
[img][/img]

Comments

• bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think this goes waaaaaay back Franc.[;)]

"Been around the world and seen that only stupid people are breeding.The cretins cloning and feeding,and I don't even own a T.V."---Harvey Danger
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it is a race thing, human vrs. scum.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess the part that I flashed on was, on the show There was a Palestinian native & an Israelite native, (and please excuse me if native is not correct) and the arguments between the two sounded as if it was more like a racial issue than anything (occupation, was also in the topic) So now is it Race, or occupation? That is bringing on the terrorism between the two?

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HAIRY [?]

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a hissy fit between two of Abraham's wives. They are still arguing about which of Abraham's sons was to be sacrificed.
    What in the world this has to do with us is beyond me. Why we have sacrificed so much of our honor, treasure & blood for this is crazy.
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    IMO, the issue is land. BUT, as the terror committed to each side by the other continues, anger turns to hatred and thus seeks an expression in words.

Religion, not race (both are Semitic descendants, from Abraham and Ishmael) is then employed. This is the way I understand it from my contacts with both sides.

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HAIRY
    Religion, not race (both are Semitic descendants, from Abraham and Ishmael) is then employed.

Not quite, they are both Semites decended from Abraham but by different wives. They come from Ishmael & Isaac.
    I wonder if this is the reason why Jewishness is defined by who your mother is or if it already existed then?

Interesting, As I skim through Genesis I find that from chapter 5 to chapter 16 there was plenty of begetting but all that are named are the men & their sons. It is only with Abraham that we find the names of the mothers & which sons they bore. It would seem that the maternal lineage didn't matter before that.