In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

USA TODAY Poll Best/Worst POTUS Since WWII

p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
edited July 2018 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh fantastic, now we'll have to hear Hillary blame another person for losing the presidency for her[V]

but I do agree. Obama is not only the worst president since World War II, he's the worst president ever

But you got to love how the liberal newspaper makes excuses for Obama by saying it will take decades before a president's worth can really be measured, right after they said Obama came in dead last[V][V]

I'm sure Michelle is feeling really proud of her husband now.[:D]

Is that all the liberals do is make excuses why they're so bad?[:0][^]
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obama was never president. He was not qualified under the Constitution. He was a pretender at best.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wait till hoe LIEbrary gets built and you will hear ALL about his glorious reign
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The real shocker is USA Today actually published their results.

Used to think the peanut farmer was the worse.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would put Kennedy dead last, then Truman, Johnson, George the Lesser,
    Carter, Obama, Ford, Clinton, George the First, Nixon, Eisenhower & finally Reagan. Way too soon to rank Trump.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr

That's why I * about under 50 voting.

nixon ended Vietnam, established detente with the Soviet Union, went to China, and formulated the "Southern Stratgey" breaking Democrats hold on the South. The Democrats helped by fielding the awful Humphrey/Muskie ticket.

Who that lived through double digit inflation, Desert One, the Panama Canal giveaway, the doldrums of the country, the pardon of the cowards who ran to Canada can say Jimmy Carter was anything but the worst until Obama? He allowed the rise of modern Islamic terrorism with the dropping of the Shah.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mag00
    Obama was never president. He was not qualified under the Constitution. He was a pretender at best.

+1

I cannot believe HS Truman did so well.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    quote:Originally posted by miag00

+1

I cannot believe HS Truman did so well.

That's because people don't know history.
  • Options
    pricklypearpricklypear Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think Reagan has been Trumped.
  • Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't believe Johnson wasn't in top three. Vietnam was his baby.

But it only highlights how little too many people remember or know about history -- every president has done some things well and other things poorly and it takes time to sort things out.

It would be much more interesting if they limited it to post-WWII and more than 20 years ago.

Hope I live long enough to get some historical perspective on Obama and Trump. It could get interesting to see how some of their actions play out over time.[;)]
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would say Jimmy Carter was worse than barry and he did it in 4 years.
    RLTW

• Options
    pawnee66pawnee66 Member Posts: 223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ?I Like IKE? !!!
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr

That's why I * about under 50 voting.

nixon ended Vietnam, established detente with the Soviet Union, went to China, and formulated the "Southern Stratgey" breaking Democrats hold on the South. The Democrats helped by fielding the awful Humphrey/Muskie ticket.

Who that lived through double digit inflation, Desert One, the Panama Canal giveaway, the doldrums of the country, the pardon of the cowards who ran to Canada can say Jimmy Carter was anything but the worst until Obama? He allowed the rise of modern Islamic terrorism with the dropping of the Shah.

You overlooked Kennedy's calling off the air support AFTER the men were already on the beach at the Bay of Pigs & then trying to blame Eisenhower for a bad plan. Then he helped get the Vietnam War really going by having President Diem assassinated. Throw in the Berlin Wall & he was a disaster looking for a place to happen & always found it & all in less than three years.