In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

On spending, GOP has little room to criticize

salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
www.nationalreview.com/nrof_comment/derugy200402030851.asp

www.nationalreview.com/lowry/lowry200402030849.asp

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
-Jimmy the cheese man

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone remember this "contract"?

quote:In their Contract with America in 1994, Republicans committed to "restoring fiscal responsibility to an out-of-control Congress, requiring them to live under the same budget constraints as families and businesses." Not only have they failed to achieve that goal, they have gone the opposite direction in recent years.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • HeavyBarrelHeavyBarrel Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they don't have the guts to stand up for what they belive and loose, instead they try to outdo the otherside to stay in power-cowards, all of them cowards.
  • 357357 Member Posts: 403 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I remember all those ads on TV in 02 about Republicans fighting "big government."

So much for that.
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about their attempt to require a balanced budget amendment?
    All you people ranring about Democratic "Liberals" when the really conservative talk is comming from the Democrats. The question is if the Democrats are just talking or if they really mean it.
    I am a fical conservative & there is no way in Hell I will be able to vote to re-elect George the Younger.
    The one thing that bothers me the most about Kerry is that he is from Massachusetts. Any state that keeps electing Ted Kennedy can't have a very intellegent electorate.