In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

TS/SCI clearances

tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
How many of us here are/have been so cleared?? Any comm type people here (army, AF, GS?) What types of crypto gear did you work with? My favoriet was the KW-26 and I detested the KL-7. Any SSO people here? Tom

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who dont.

Comments

• Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I had TS some 40 years ago, and my namesake Son (DougII) finally got his SCI last Friday. He had had TS for a number of years.

He's a Human Intelligence Analyst (WMD) on contract to the DIA.

I'm pretty proud of my Kids! - all 6.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    TS/FEO for a while mostly just TS or Secret. The key punch on the field units never worked right. Hump an extra 25 pounds and cant communicate. I loved the Mux gear. It was semi secure and worked all the time. Sooooo many different typs of field radios. [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    A&W 1974. Root beer. Fry cook.

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Yeah, had 'em and others, along with a travel restriction for 5 years after I retired. Paperwork was a pain in the a*s--particularly having to explain in Item 18: Other: Do you know or have you ever associated with anyone who advocated the violent overthrow of the United States Government? I had to use additional paper to complete the response. Will cleared without problem, altho a few security officers had an eyebrow or two raised when I turned in the pile. [}:)]

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.

Hypocrisy is the homage paid by vice to virtue.

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    TS/Crypto Army Security Agency 58/61 recalled 61/62. Communications monitor. When I was recalled they had no idea what to do with us so they sent us back through the Morse Code training school.
    I also spent several moths working with our crypto systems. We had to break all our traffic that wouldn't break & then report on the errors that had been made as well as any other errors that could compromise our crypto security. (A lot of good that did. We now know that there was a spy that was turning over copies of most of our encrypted traffic to the Soviets at that time.)
    My wife had a secret clearance for her work at Hughes inspecting traveling wave tubes whatever those are. (I think it's another term for lasers.)
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do antibiotics help?

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I had one...Army. I don't think I'd start talking about too much on a public forum though[;)]

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    USMC 2847 Radio Crypto Tech, TS repair & operation of mostly KY-7,8, & 38's on TSC-15's with ANGC3's in field or TSC15's with IBM 360/40's throwing data back to HQFMFPAC,HQMC & PFACONUS.
    First 6 weeks in country worked FAC with the POS PRC41 or ANGLICO with the PRC25 or POS PRC47. Then assigned to 7thMar CommCen worked satcom with IBM 360/40, remote TSC15's, and the damm buried Collins radio van (cant remember name now)
    Greg! I saw the MUX as I was getting out, played with it for about 4hrs at 5thFSR Depot CAMPEN. Never saw full operation of the system.
    What a way to spend a childhood.
    Walte
    Joined Jan 13 67, CommSch 5/67-4/68, 28thMar Comm 1st duty, May 10 68 to DaNang 7Mar HQ H&S CommCtr TDA to 3MARReg & 7MarReg various Bn's.
    Back to CAMPEN areas 51,62,63 in April 69. Worked 5thFSR SatComm DataCtr mainside for remainder till 5/72.
  • tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Eric, we will appoint you security monitor!! What is being said that bothers you??
    Walt, I don't think I wored with an of that gear. I did use the kw-7 & kl-7 (that rotor pos)
    Gruntled, where were you stationed? I was 177asa & 508asa
    Korea 60-61 & 4ussa fs Asmara Ethiopia 61-63. Probably best assignment I ever had.
    Did any of you work at a DF station that had the elefant cage (flr-9?) Tom

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who dont.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tccox
    Eric, we will appoint you security monitor!! What is being said that bothers you??
    Walt, I don't think I wored with an of that gear. I did use the kw-7 & kl-7 (that rotor pos)
    Korea 60-61 & 4ussa fs Asmara Ethiopia 61-63. Probably best assignment I ever had.

<BR>Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who dont.<P>

[:)]Nothing yet...most of that stuff has long since been declassified[:)] Just seemed like a strange thread...and you never know who might be watching[;)]

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tccox

507th ASA bn Heilbronn, Germany. Only cage I know of is the fence surrounding the building we worked in. I trained at Ft. Devens from late 58 to April 59 & again in 61/62.