In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

TV Nostalgia....

RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Does anyone know if "SkyKing" ever carried a gun?....or did he just drop things from his plane on the bad guys?What kind of pistol did "Sergeant Preston of the Yukon" carry? just remember it had a lanyard attched to the grip.

Comments

• Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think Sky King just litterd the country droping things.If my sorta memory is working Sergant Preston carried a Colt New Service 1917 Army model.If any body says different BELEVE them not me.My photographic memory is fading fast.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Varmit Hunter, I'm sure if I watched those shows today, they'd seem a little corny.....but I sure enjoyed them when I was a young impressionable juvenile.Saturday mornings we never missed Roy Rogers, Sky King, Fury, My friend Flicka, Sergeant Preston, and Howdy Doody.
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We must hve been hatched about the same time.My all time favorite was the Lone Ranger.I never noticed these heros never had any visable means of support,Not even a blanket behind the saddle.Dont reckon it matterd back then.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I'd love to see all the old fifties and early sixties TV series back on the air.Wanted Dead or AliveSheriff of CochiseRoute 66M SquadThe RebelHave Gun Will TravelTombstoneCheyenneCombatWhirlybirdsThe TroubleshootersSea Huntand my all-time favoriteAdventures in ParadiseNow that was good television.Oops. I forgot,77 Sunset StripHawaiian EyeSurfside Six[This message has been edited by Lowrider (edited 09-22-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Always some good westerns on......Wyatt Earp (Hugh O'Brien)Bat Masterson (Gene Barry)The Rebel (Johnny Yuma played by Nick Adams)Cheyenne (Clint Walker)Gunsmoke (James Arness)Paladin (Richard Boone)Rawhide (Clint Eastwood as Rowdy Yates)The Rifleman (Chuck Conners)Maverick (James Garner)Bonanza (Lorne Greene)Tombstone Territory (?)
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
    edited November -1
    I saw Sky King shoot a .38 snubbie out of his airplane door at the ground. He had incendiary bullets that started small fires when they hit the ground. He used the brush fires to trap some bad guy he was after.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Egotistical Rogue, Evil, Dangerous Racist Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    Diesel DummyDiesel Dummy Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How 'bout Red Skelton? A show the whole family could enjoy.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Gray Ghost (Maj. Mosby CSA)