In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Massachusetts anyone from there???

matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Looking at a gun there and don't know the dealer, wondering if anyone might by a giant stretch know them. They are in Waltham.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke

Comments

• gunrunner1911gunrunner1911 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm from central MA about an hour away. Whos the dealer, where are you, what are you looking at? Most dealers in MA are pretty tough beacause theres only a handfull in the state left. I can count on 1 hand the shops with in a 1 hour drive and it only takes the trigger finger within 20 min.
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your response, but it is too late. The gun has already sold. It was an awfully good deal and I didn't go on my gut instinct, I decided to wait till this morning to speak with them in person on the phone rather than confirm a buy last night with an e-mail.

The gunshop in question is McElhineys, 625 Main St., Waltham.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought it was illegal by Massachusettes law for its subjects to visit pro gun sights?

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • madmarc0madmarc0 Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey! I live in MA! And I visit here. SHHH don't tell ok!

Oh yeah, I also carry a gun.....OOOOHHHHHH

I measured it and cut it twice, and it's still too short!
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I moved to Mansfield on the SW side of Boston. Seems like a nice area, but the red tape down here is unbelievable![V]
  • pantera7974pantera7974 Member Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i love living in massachusettes!!!, its the most pro-gun,low tax state ive ever seen !!!!!!!.........now ill go get back to sniffing my glue..[:D][:D]

WELL AREN`T I JUST ONE BIG F`ING RAY OF SUNSHINE.
  • gunrunner1911gunrunner1911 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's some really powerful glue care to share. Fortunately my days here are numbered. Some poor sap is going to pay way too much for my tiny house with no land on the lake, get raked over the coals for taxes drive down potholed streets and have a crappy school system that sucks up 75% of the tax base. See ya just keep moving out here from Sudbury Concord Maynard Acton and other places for one more year.
  • muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    From Mass?.....no ,thank goodness!![:p]

Muggster
  • old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    I can't believe anyone who lives in Mass. would actually admit it.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OSS, as much as I detest the place, there *are* a few good people there . . . the smallest minority group in the Commonwealth, a truly endangered species, but they exist . . . and I think the majority of them are on this forum!

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I lived (existed) there 15 yrs ago.Hope I never have to go back.

[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

standard.jpg
    Limerick.gif
    It's my cat's world. I'm just here to open cans.

We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spent the worst part of two years there. (The worst part was being there.) Stationed at Ft. Devens 58/59 & 61/62.
    The good part was that there seemed to be so many more young women than men & that it was so easy to meet them. The bad part was they all had only one thing on their minds & it wasn't the same one thing I had on mine although it was kind of flattering.
    Every one I went out with was still living at home with their parents & actually went through the "What are your intensions?" routine several times. (OK, so I lied for all the good it did me.)