In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Poaching for the Show.. AK Last Frontier.

LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
Atz Lee Kilcher, the little brother of singer/songwriter Jewel, is facing charges for illegally using a helicopter to hunt a black bear in Alaska for his family's reality TV show Alaska: The Last Frontier, aired on the Discovery Channel, Alaska State Troopers spokeswoman Megan Peters tells PEOPLE.

Kilcher, along with his wife Cristina and the production company, Wilma TV, each have been charged with misdemeanor unlawful methods to take game with a helicopter, Peters said. Kilcher and his wife were not arrested, she added, they were charged and given a summons to appear in court.

The charges, filed on July 14 in Homer court, stem from a hunt that occurred "on or about" Sept. 19, 2014 near Homer, she said. Sources told the Alaska Dispatch News that no one involved in the hunt or in the production crew contacted troopers ahead of time to notify them of the hunt.

http://www.people.com/article/atz-lee-kilcher-charged-bear-hunt

Comments

• Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    what would you expect from a tv show? at least that show was filmed in the wild, not on a fenced game farm(aka canned hunt). mr myopic.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It seems these shows often get themselves jammed up. I enjoyed The Last Frontier. Eivin's wife, Eve is smoking hot. [:D] Atz Lee nearly got himself killed last season in a fall. I have picked up that their "homestead" is not nearly as remote as the show would lead one to believe. In typical fashion it would seem it is scripted.

[:p]
    1388692555847-hat_2_zpsivmxqwi8.jpg
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,855 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    " I have picked up that their "homestead" is not nearly as remote as the show would lead one to believe."

You can find it on Google maps. Closest neighbor is less than 1/2 mile. Maintained public road to their "homestead"(not surprisingly Kilcher Road). Less than 30 miles to town. Film crews sure are handy about editing and/or not catching "unwanted" backgrounds.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Love that show! I like the re runs as well.....anyone with a brain segment would realize "made for Tv"...I like to look for things in the program that lets you know it isn't as far back as they pretend....I can't stand that show about the folks with the grey beard dad and all those boys....You can poke holes all day in that story...quit watching....I do like Mountain Men , and that half blind guy flying the "CUB" and setting traps...he reminds me of my "blind: uncle Joe ,and his * dogs...LOL!...lot better than the other stupid stuff ,like "Survivor".etc...
  • Options
    bearman49709bearman49709 Member Posts: 503
    edited November -1
    So he has two wife's, Cristina and Jane?
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are on the road side of the bay, the road goes to Ketchemak Sea Low, a Russian village, they are just beyond that. My cabin is across the bay north of Bear Cove. We hunted ducks on the flats where their cattle roamed for many years. They are off the beaten path but by no measure way out in the wild.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A guy I went to high school with went to Alaska and worked on the Crab Boats to pay his tuition at Alabama....then move up there after graduation,and now owns "The Double Musky" in Girdwood,Alaska. 4 star
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bearman49709
    So he has two wife's, Cristina and Jane?

Jane is her middle name.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Love that show! I like the re runs as well.....anyone with a brain segment would realize "made for Tv"...I like to look for things in the program that lets you know it isn't as far back as they pretend....I can't stand that show about the folks with the grey beard dad and all those boys....You can poke holes all day in that story...quit watching....I do like Mountain Men , and that half blind guy flying the "CUB" and setting traps...he reminds me of my "blind: uncle Joe ,and his * dogs...LOL!...lot better than the other stupid stuff ,like "Survivor".etc...

Marty is his name. I also like Tom Oar and his wife Nancy. That is my favorite show and the only thing I ever really watch. You can tell Tom and Nancy live close by a town as the road is paved near them. Marty is just a real downright, redneck Trapper with a huge set of Balls!!!!!!!! It might be mostly fake, but I wouldn't do half the chit he does. I would only run a trap line out there with at least two other people and a cell phone connection or two way. I think I would be scared even with other people back there. Oakie