In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Good News!

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
I am now the owner of my car! I don't have to share ownership with any lien holders anymore!
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Well I must say I'm feeling a little old, but the good news is my "little brother" just picked up E8 in the United States Army!

607D34CD-0694-46D4-B998-A6F7C40BC788_zpsmtkrdxoj.jpg

2AC12210-95A9-4FE9-B2C4-70D7550E73CD_zpsaufc55qo.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just ordered 3 beer kits! An IPA, Belgian Ale and just for Allen Griggs, an ESB! I'm going to have to expand the kegerator!
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wife just gave me the ok to buy a Ruger Alaskan in 454, and a like new Thompson 50 cal Hawken. It's great the first guns I don't have to hide in awhile! [:D]

I traded her so she can buy a some hair stuff like hair dryer, flat iron, ect. She asked how much these guns would run and my response was a few hundred haha. I didn't lie. [:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This was in our local neighborhood newspaper. I think it's excellent, thought yawl might get a kick out of it, too, especially my fellow Georgians.

At Last, Good News For A Change
    Dick Yarbrough

I don't know about you, but I am tired of hearing bad news. I am weary of all the blathering on radio talk shows, smug comments by know-it-all television commentators and photographs of innocent Americans being beheaded by cowardly lowlifes in Iraq. This week, I will focus only on good news in the hopes that we can get things back into perspective. Won't you join me?

160,000 AMERICAN TROOPS HAVEN'T ABUSED IRAQI PRISONERS. It was announced today that less than one tenth of 1 percent of the brave American men and women being shot at daily in Iraq and Afghanistan have abused Iraqi prisoners. Further analysis revealed that this is a markedly lower percentage than the number of U.S. senators who have driven automobiles off the Chappaquiddick Bridge in Massachusettes with young women trapped inside. In Washington, Sen. Ted Kennedy(D-MA)questioned the validity of the report. "From reading the Washington Post, it is my distinct impression that all the military is involved in the abuses, as well as the ROTC and John Wayne," the senator said, while scarfing down a dozen Big Macs and a pitcher of Thunderbird wine. "By the way, I was never on the Chappaquiddick Bridge. That was my twin brother, Ned."

JIM HARRICK SR. AND JR. STILL NOT COACHING AT UGA. An investigation reveals that Jim Harrick Sr. and his son, Jim Jr., still are not coaching basketball at the University of Georgia. Insiders say that the Harricks were offered the opportunity to return to their old jobs in Athens and avoid costly litigation if they could pass the Principles of Basketball test administered by young Harrick last year to a select group of scholar-athletes. Both men flunked. Both men plan to appeal.

THREE WISE MEN REPORTED MISSING. PUBLIC DOESN'T CARE. Whether they were abducted by aliens or made a wrong turn on their camels and ended up in Elijay, the Three Wise Men--Jimmy Carter, Ted "Looney Tunes" Turner, and Jesse "Rhyme Time" Jackson--have not been heard from recently. There was some thought that the American public would be struck blind without a steady stream of self-serving comments from the Magnificent Magi, but it seems that the American public never listened to them, hasn't missed them, and hopes they stay lost.

BOYS AND GIRLS STILL GETTING MARRIED TO EACH OTHER. Despite the best efforts of the New York Times, Rosie O'Donnell and the State of Massachusettes, polls show that most boys still prefer girls and most girls still prefer boys and many end up getting married to each other. "This is a disturbing trend," says Gaye Blayde, chairperson of Stomp Out Straights. "We plan to seek federal legislation immediately to stop this foolishness." Asked about prospects for such legislation, Massachussettes senator Ted Kennedy, looking a bit bleary-eyed, said "I was never on the Chappaquiddick Bridge. That was my twin brother, Fred."

GOV. PERDUE, STATE LEGISLATORS END IMPORTANT SPECIAL SESSION. MUCH ACCOMPLISHED. Gov. Sonny Perdue and the Georgia General Assembly are basking today in the glory of the work accomplised in the recent special legislative session. How the governor and legislators were able to cram a half-day's work into just one week will be studied by political scientists for years to come. Among their achievements, legislators managed to freeload off the lobbyists for an additional week and delay going home to face the voters. While the session cost the taxpayers $170,000, few seemed to mind. "It could have been worse," said one taxpayer. "They could have accidentally passed some laws."

LOCAL COLUMNIST RECEIVES AWARD FOR FOCUSING ON GOOD NEWS. Dick Yarbrough, a much beloved and all-too-modest local columnist, recently received a special award in Washington for his heroic efforts to raise the spirits of the American public by focusing only on good news. In making the presentation, Massachusettes Sen. Ted Kennedy said "Here is some more good news. I was never on the Chappaquiddick Bridge. That was my twin brother, Jed," and then promptly fell asleep in his double-crusted pizza.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's official! I have decided NOT to do anything productive today! Wow, what a load off!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    To all the forum members who were concerned about possible racism here on the site:

The recent posts are "racist in tone" but they are "borderline".
    quote:Two years ago, I saw that Obama was a N, and I did not over look it. I saw him on TV today, and he is still a N. "Look past" nothing!is a gray area! And:

quote:I can tolerate Uncle Toms, but I can't stand those uppity Blacks. Once everything goes back to normal...around 2012, I will be at the front of the train, because I never accepted their kind in a White World. Sports will all be White again. Of course, there will be the Colored League,but they just play each other. has not gone over the line.

This is all straight from a moderator. So you can rest easy knowing that there really isn't racism on GunBroker forums!

[V]

Fortunate, really, since I know this site is proud of it's 'family friendly' status![}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My poof and lock buttons are working again! [}:)]

2zxtmao.jpglock_button_sized~s315x288.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If all goes according to my complicated, but workable plan, I will be hunting elk in Washington for the first time this fall.[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    after a false start with broken grips that the owner didnt realize had also SHRUNK, and this being a very long distance job, he in Tx. and me here in Pa. second set made useing a scan of the frame for size and this is the reply i got today...

quote:Keith: I just got home and I put the grips on the gun. They fit like a glove. They make my gun look much more expensive. As soon as I get a chance I will take a picture of it and and send it to you. I would not hesitate to recommend your work to anyone, they look marvelous. Thanks for all you help and patience in making sure they fit.

after a week of anxiety waiting for them to get there and his take on the product, it was great to say there is another very happy customer
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, it's good news for all you commie gun grabbers who don't like me on this forum.

The voters in WA state decided I am a criminal, and soon I may be locked up.

I look forward to observing your celebrations.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I thought my keg was empty but I just got 2 more glass out of it! Woo Hoo!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ...or...is it...

My Kitchen and Bathroom cabinets are in. I guess my nights and weekends are spoken for for the next 2 months huh? [V] We'll see if they are worth the $12k when they are delivered next week.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why don't politicians talk about self deportation instead of always saying how we can't deport millions of illegals and how "comprehensive immgration reform" (AMNESTY)is the only answer?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_usa_immigration_arizona;_ylt=Ao6lQU4MuNLBKxo76xLlbspzfNdF

Attrition Through Enforcement Is the True Middle-ground Solution

The open borders crowd constantly tell the American people that there are only two solutions to

our nation's illegal alien crisis - give illegal aliens amnesty or round them up and deport them.

This is a diversionary tactic to draw public attention away from the most effective and efficient

solution - Attrition Through Enforcement.

The principle behind Attrition Through Enforcement is that living illegally in the United States

will become more difficult and less satisfying over time when the government - at ALL

LEVELS - enforces all of the laws already on the books. It is also imperative that the

government with the full cooperation of the private sector, implements certain workplace

enforcement measures. The goal is to make it extremely difficult for unauthorized persons to live

and work in the United States. There is no need for taxpayers to watch the government spend

billions of their dollars to round up and deport illegal aliens; they will buy their own bus or

plane tickets back home if they can no longer earn a living here.

We know Attrition Through Enforcement will work because, until recently, it has been shown

to work even with little or no enforcement. As it currently stands, almost 200,000 illegal aliens

self-deport from the United States every year, but imagine how many more would leave if our

government refused to award illegal aliens another amnesty, mandated all employers to verify a

person's eligibility to work here, cracked down on identity fraud, and enabled local police to

easily transfer illegal aliens in their custody to the feds.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    From Kim du Toit at http://www.kimdutoit.com/dr/weblog.php comes this bit of happy news. Pity the poor doomsayers! Oughtsix

12:16am: Turnaround

In what (I hope) has caused an increase in the suicide rate among Democrats, more figures have been released by the Commerce Dept. which show that the economy is almost definitely on the rebound:

Quote: (link whole article at Kim's site)

"Economic growth accelerated to a 2.4 percent pace this spring, boosted by the biggest increase in defense spending in a half-century and a revival of consumer and business spending. Accompanied by signs that joblessness is on the decline, yesterday's report on growth from the Commerce Department provided solid evidence that a strong economic recovery is taking hold. The gross domestic product had grown by an average 1.4 percent in the previous half-year, but jumped last quarter as defense spending skyrocketed by 44 percent with the start of the war in Iraq. That spending marked the biggest quarterly defense buildup since the Korean War in 1951. Consumers added to the buying spree with cars, furniture and other big-ticket goods, increasing their pace of spending to 3.3 percent. That caused businesses to draw down inventories to bare-bones levels that will force them to replenish their stocks, further bolstering growth in the second half of the year, economists said. But perhaps the most telling sign of life was a 6.9 percent rebound in business-investment spending - which had been the weakest area of the economy. Spending on computers and software raced ahead at double-digit rates not seen since the 2000 technology boom."

In a related note, sales of rope and stepladders showed a 100% increase in areas like Cape Cod, Malibu, Scarsdale, Chicago's Gold Coast and Manhattan's Upper East Side.

I hope this is a genuine, sustained uptick, because that would mean economic prosperity will have set in right before the 2004 presidential elections, and we can all look forward to weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth among the ungodly.

I can't wait.

Kim du Toit
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Democratic primary today in SC only half the voters as 2008 and way less then the GOP primary.

Guess who isn't coming out to vote :)

If this plays the same in the November election the GOP could win with a landslide.

Since I voted last week I went to the Hanahan Exchange club Oyster roast and gorged on Oysters and Fish stew today.
  • Options
    evileye fleagalevileye fleagal Member Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i lived in hanahan for a good while, on dennis dr 1023 first house in front of the highschool.

i would hunt and fish all the way down turkey creek to the hills
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    Democratic primary today in SC only half the voters as 2008 and way less then the GOP primary.

Guess who isn't coming out to vote :)

If this plays the same in the November election the GOP could win with a landslide.

Since I voted last week I went to the Hanahan Exchange club Oyster roast and gorged on Oysters and Fish stew today.

Probably too cold for them or the city transit is on strike???[:D]