In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I got an interview! kinda...

timinpatiminpa Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Well after being unemployed for a while now, and putting in applications whenever they come up, I finally got an e-mail back from one employer to schedule a phone interview.[:D][8D]

I got the e-mail last week and responded right away by scheduling for today at 1p.m., the first available appointment.[:D][8D]

I even got an e-mail again yesterday reconfirming my interview.[:D][^]

It's now 1:45p.m. and I haven't heard a thing.[:0][B)]

What a disappointing waste of time.[:(][V]

Comments

• Options
    TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call them!
    What have you got to lose?
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Exactly. Call them!
  • Options
    tacking1tacking1 Member Posts: 3,844
    edited November -1
    I have hired a bunch of people in my career. The "call" is a huge part of the process.

Trust me...act like you WANT the job.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sure they're just running a little behind schedule, call and see what's up, they like to see people that have ambition... Either that or check to see if your identity has been stolen [:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    woo-hoo! the guy called 3 hrs later, he was appologizing, said there was a mix up and he wasn't in the office here today.[:)]

He rescheduled for tomorrow at 1.[:0][:D]

He said this never happens and seemed sincere.[:I]

There is hope after all.[^]

Since there are few in the way of jobs around here, and I'd really like this one, of course I was understanding and we'll see how it goes tomorrow.[:)]

My girl makes decent money, and old investments along with the fact I have no debt and very few bills, means I'm not desperate to go to work.

But being unemployed is pretty boring since the house is all fixed up(what we wanted to do). I'd like to at least go back to work soon!
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im glad it seems to have been a minor mistake- good luck tomorrow!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Dave,

I've been working on an online Criminal Justice degree and after working in juvenile placements for the last 7 years, I thought I'd really like to try out Loss Prevention because I think alot of the same skills would be used, but a different environment and change of pace.

The company I applied for pays above average from what I've heard, but also offers pretty good benefits (which is what I'm mostly concerened about)

It's this or tie the not with my lady to get on her benefits. And that isn't gonna work because of my fear of commitment![:D]
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    I got the best job I've ever had over the phone. The first time I ever actually met any body from the company was when I stepped off the plane and got on the boat. It was over a month after that before I met any front office people in person.
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the meantime, take advantage of the delay and RESEARCH the heck out of that company on the internet. KNOW what their big projects are. KNOW what recent new contracts they have won. Be prepared to state clearly what you think YOU can contribute to THEIR success. I have interviewed many candidates for my corporation and a sure way to lose the interview is for the candidate to concentrate on "What does this company have to offer me in the way of salary and benefits?" Don't even bring up the subject at all! Concentrate on what YOU have to offer their projects. If they like you, THEY will bring up the subject of what they can offer you.
    Good luck on the interview. [:)]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck Tim. Let us know how you make out. Oak