In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Some Things I Have Learned In Life

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
1. Things that your father does you will probably end up doing yourself. My Dad always worked to much and i ended up being the same way. He would lay across the bed to watch TV and i do the same.

2. I asked my Dad for advice when i was 16 or 17 and he told me life is easy you know right from wrong just do whats right. Its that simple.

3. Dont lie it really does make things worth.

4. My Dads rule on fighting, I better not start it and i better not come home crying. If i come home crying he will give me a reason to cry some more.

5. Do not start something unless you are going to finish it.

6. Never hit a girl or a woman. Its not worth it. Just walk away and if they come after you just run.

7. Never go to bed mad at your spouse.

8. What you say to your wife today she will remember tomorrow and the rest of her life.

9. Never marry a woman for what is outside but for what is inside.
Beauty will fade but a ugly heart most likely will stay the same.

10.When i told my Dad i had stage 4 cancer he asked me what i was going to do. I asked him what he meant he told me i have 2 choices i could fight or die. I asked him if he has ever known me to quite. Never quit fighting because when you quit fighting you start dying.

11. Beating cancer is not as hard as living with the side effects.

12. Pain is like a weight. You are swimming in a pool and someone gives you a weight to tote. Then they give you another and another before long you are drowning.

13. Never work to much because if you get sick or die work will not miss you but your family will.

14. Learn to pick and choose your battles because what matters today will not be important in a month.

15. Love God, family and country. Sooner or later you will need them. Most likely sooner.

16. Try and always be prepared and show up early.

17. Telling the truth is always easier than trieng to remember the lies you tell.

18. Never judge someone because of the decisions they make. You do not know what they have been through or are going through.

19. Take care of family because thats all that matters. If you get sick work is not going to take care of you.

20. Never take yourself too seriously. Life is a game.

There are some more things but my brain is tired.

Comments

• Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I found that God has all the answers, but you will not always like the answers he gives you[;)]

Trust your gut instinct the first time.

Never second guess yourself.

Never trust anyone period.