In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

had my christmas present worked on

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
this is Betsey a lab mix rescue dog my wife pick up for Christmas about 8 years or so ( I am terrible with keeping track of time )
we have had several " growths cut out over the last few years . last two on Monday , one on her front leg a small one and one in the center of her back . she has to be one of the best dog's we have shared time with ( good thing my other dogs cant read )
she did get out today and chase a few rabbits that my wife let escape from the pen ( another story and project now )
Betsey is like one of our kids I have never kept track of all the vet bills it really does not matter , but I would guess a few of marks m1 could have been at my place now [:D]. but I would not trade her for a parker high grade . now the wife and kids well a hi-point would be a good trade some days [:D]
100_3601_zps5e5qe1j5.jpg
the drain tube comes out next Monday

Comments

• ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    That poor sweet beast, I hope she has lots of year's of rabbit chasing ahead of her.

Soon as she's healed up enough to roll over on that surgical wound, ol' Betsey's due a whole lot of tummy rub's! [:)]
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope she heals up real soon.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have a Basenji mix that we've had a tumor removed from her leg. Hope your pup recovers quickly! I bet that vet bill hurt!
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    damn, that hurts to just look at............
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,347 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hillbille
    Yeah, no doubt! Here's to Betsey getting up and at em soon.
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good for you to provide care/ seems those fatty benign tumors are common among labs. my dog has had 2, my son chocolate has had 5
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Thank You for taking Good Care of her
    it will Come back 10 Fold in Love and Devotion[^]quote:Originally posted by hillbille
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for the kind words
    here is a photo from two years ago different area , she is a champ put ups with a lot and never complains , she is just full of love and affection .
    when her time comes its going to be a sad day for us.

100_2682_zpsf7f9c139.jpg
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Our lab had the same thing, shes as good as new now! The hard part will be keeping her down for a while!

photo_zps104d1aef.png
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Betsy doesn't need to wear a "radar dish" after her surgeries?? THAT is a good dog!!!
    I hope all the best for her and that this will be the last she'll have to go through..
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we had one the first time but never used it . we actually just put a t-shirt on her to help keep the other dogs and her from messing with it , but it was never a issue for her . this time its in the middle of her back and a small one on her front leg but she acts like there no problem at all , . I have to take her back in On Monday to have the drain tube removed .

quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Betsy doesn't need to wear a "radar dish" after her surgeries?? THAT is a good dog!!!
    I hope all the best for her and that this will be the last she'll have to go through..
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Awe, poor girl[:(]. Prayers for Betsey that she recovers soon. Nothing but well wishes and lots of cookies for her. Oakie