In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

DOES ANY ONE

RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
edited August 2005 in General Discussion
draft by hand anymore? Do any of you draw for your company or your self using old methods? Any interest in drafting material such as templates, lead Etc? The reason I'm asking is I have some stuff and would like to give it to someone who would use it. I don't use it anymore but hate to throw it away. If you want it just to see what it is please don't respond. I don't have that much anymore any way.

<P>

Comments

• Options
    BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
    edited November -1
    I was a steel rule diemaker and, even now draw by hand. I have been looking for several types of templates (mostly lettering and numbering) and other types of instruments. I still have almost perfect close up vision and can draw to about .001"

Why do you ask?

york.bmp"No taxation without representation, Join the NRA"
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did 4 years of high school drafting and have an AS degree in mechanical drafting and CAD. I still have most of my templates and stuff. When I was in high school, on the best 4 or 5 were allowed on the "new" computers. (I was one of them) Everyone else had o do everything mechanically. College was a mix of both. I visited my high school in Jan and all of the tables were gone. ONLY computers now.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why would you want to draw to tolerences of .001? You know you NEVER scale a print! [:)]
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One word...Auto-CAD!
  • Options
    rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    Started in the drafting business 33 years ago and things
    sure have changed.I remember when we used to use manual pencil
    pointers that had a spout you stuck a lead holder in and as
    the top half turned the lead was sharpened against an "inside"
    small circular drum sander.
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I collect this kind of stuff. I started as an electrical engineer back in the 1960's. I drew for years with ink on linen and mylar. I have a lot of the templetes, Graphos letter kits, pens, etc. I guess I am old fashion. I also collect and restore antique fountain pens. I would love to have anything like that that you don't want.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There is nothing collectible Pearyw, just usable. I think some may be new unopened. We started using the CAD program years ago and are presently using 2000. In my opinion CAD is great for the cnc equipment but give me an arm load of old fashioned drawings for building a machine from scratch. However I am going to install CAD on my home computer before I retire.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So can anyone use what little I have? I have this on an other forum also.
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I work in a county engineering office and you would go nuts if you seen all the OLD stuff we still have even the plastic cuffs and a lot of deitzgen equiptment. what a shame to not be using it.
    PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA PATRON-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member