In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M1 Carbine Stock ?

unity155unity155 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited March 2007 in General Discussion
I just bought my first M1 Carbine(Underwood) with a refinished uncracked birch stock and handguard. The recoil plate is marked S G but not S'G'. The gun also came with a Walnut Rockola stock and handguard. It is a little beat up but I like the walnut I am looking to sell the birch stock and handguard, but want to sell it for a fair price. Just wondering what that would be. Thank you for your replies.

Jonathan

Comments

• Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends on if it's a high or low wall stock, and if the handguard matches. I would look for the underwood stock and go from there, keeping it original. Also get yourself the holy bible of M12 carbines if your going to restore it. U.S. M1 carbines Wartime Production by Craig Reisch, you won't be sorry and it's not expensive. Ask questions in the Ask The Experts Forum here on GB and you won't believe the help you'll receive. There is a seller here named ABCLeigh I think he's still selling here.