In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gore fired from McDonalds

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Al Gore Fired From McDonalds!Former VP Let Go After Horrific Three Day Stint as Acting Manager; Local Franchise Owner: "I'm not sure we can recover from the damage he's done" By Warren Peace In a stunning turn of events, former Vice President Al Gore was fired from his job at McDonalds Tuesday. Local franchise owner Hank Roberts Jr. told this reporter that Mr. Gore just wasn't cut out for the fast food business or any other business he can think of. "Thank God he didn't win that election. That fool did more damage to this franchise in three days than I would have ever believed was possible. I'm not sure we can recover." Mr. Roberts has reportedly asked the State to declare his restaurant a disaster area. This latest news comes as a shock to many in the fast food industry since Mr. Gore had only been working at the McDonalds since January 20th, and most insiders initially thought Al had a bright future as a fry cook. Mike Walter, who worked with Gore at the restaurant, says things were going great until Juan the Manager got sick. "A couple of us dared Juan to eat some special sauce that had been out of date for over a year. He did and had to be rushed to the hospital minutes later. Then the assistant manager quit, so most of us thought Al was the next best qualified." On Al's first day he ordered massive changes to the restaurant and the pricing menu. He also hired construction workers to make certain structural changes to the store, which eventually caused the entire building to collapse . "He turned that place into a tropical rainforest, saying he wanted it to be more environmentally friendly. Plants and animals were everywhere; water was dripping from the ceiling due to all the steam. I thought I was in the Amazon. Also that damn python kept eating the Big Macs as fast as we could make them." But the worst was yet to come. Gore decided that flat rate menu pricing just didn't make sense. "Al decided that the prices should be adjusted to how much money each customer makes. The higher the income, the more a meal would cost. He said every customer should pay his fair share. That idea drove away business real fast." We caught up to a wealthy business man who actually ate at the McDonalds while Gore was managing. "When they asked me how much money I made, then charged me 5,232 dollars for a six piece McNuggets and large fries, I about died. I went ahead and paid it because I was half starved but told them I wouldn't be back. I can get the twelve piece McNuggets five blocks down the road, for five bucks." As for the structural changes Gore ordered, a rather grouchy construction insider told us that Gore has a lot to learn about buildings. "If I were a robin I wouldn't trust that guy to design my birdhouse. If I was homeless, I wouldn't trust him to tape together my cardboard box! Why if I were a ...." (We had to cut him off as he rambled on for a good hour) So it looks as if Al Gore's brief career in the restaurant business is over. As for his future career plans, no one is sure where he'll go from here. We'll be sure and update you as soon as we hear anything. [On the serious side,Our boy Al's is going to surprise his loyal unthinking groupies by announcing his run for the presidency-JMHO!]
Never ask why but only the value of.

Comments