In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I've been pardoned by the city of Chicago!

hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
edited July 2002 in General Discussion
If anybody read my post about 3-4 months ago the City of Chicago accused me of having a parking ticket in their fair city even though I never set foot or rubber in the town during my life span. Let alone had the plates or the car they claimed I was driving!

I just received a letter from the city stateing that after further checking with the Mich secretary of state...and my sighned letter of facts and proof of date of puchase of the said plates...They have adjusted their records and have let me off the hook!

Damn gracious of them...not one sorry for the inconvience of you for having to take a day off of work to puchase the records to ship them to clear me.

Oh well, I'm still happpy to be a free man and able to walk the streets during the daylight hours again!

Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!

Comments

• Options
    robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya know, thats funny you mention that, cause it happen to my dad once when he was still alive, and I always think of him when someone gets a ticket like you did and they were no where near the area. I dont know for sure, but I think they said he was in Kalamazoo, downtown somewhere, we're from lower Michigan. Its not often they make a mistake like that, I wonder how it happens. Glad you are free to roam the streets again, I THINK.

SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doesnt surprise me in little nazi germany. They issued me a ticket once and it was a parking area marked off for the job site i was workin on sent them a nice little note that the parking officer needed to quit doin a cavity search on himself and look also sent them a copy of the parking permit, never heard another word
  • Options
    4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    I had a cop come to my house and take my license plate off my truck because he said the DMV said I didnt have any insurance on my vehicle. I even produced all of my insurance papers stating I have had continuous coverage on all my vehicles but he wouldnt listen. They then tried to stick me with a bill for reinstating my plates and I had to take a day off from work to take care of their mistake. I refused to pay them a cent, didnt get an apology and had to go to the state police baracks and get my plates back. I wanted that smug little fat boy that took the plates off, even though I had all the insurance papers, to come back to my house and put the plates back on but they wouldnt do that. Innocent until proven guilty, nope, not in this country, not anymore. Guilty unless you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you are innocent, that sounds more like it...

When Clinton left office they gave him a 21 gun salute. Its a damn shame they all missed....
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Someone should have been held accountable for each and every one of those mistakes.

Rugster
  • Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    you will never see it in Chi town, the family still controles it
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    If it was a PARDON, then I wouldnt accept it, A pardon just says "Though you did wrong, we will let it Pass" no punishment.

I would want a full exoneration, absolving me of any wrongdoing.

LR

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
  • Options
    beantolebeantole Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hunter280man: Chicago is run by the mob Dailey family.
    It can be fun to visit but I'd never live there. It is totally
    corrupt.
  • Options
    gars320gars320 Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Having escaped from that Ceptic Tank on the shores of Lake Michigan many years ago, I will only say that: "If I ever did anything that the City Of $hitcago thinks I need a pardon for, I'm damned glad I did it. Screw you Dickey Boy!"

Nil Illegitimus Carborundum