In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can you tell me where I can find a good gunsmith?

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited December 2002 in General Discussion
I'm looking for a gunsmith who specializes in long guns ,more specifically Remington rifles. I need someone who can turn my Remington PSS internal mag into a detachable mag. I've called a bunch of smiths in my area and they are all afraid of ruining the action with this modification,causes feeding jams so I'm told. I figure I would need to get a new stock but I don't know what, as far as the metal work,is involved. I suspect this job would cost more than just buying a new rifle,if it does then I will.I have got this barrel lapped right and it is more accurate than the shooter can ever be,I just find the internal mag a P.I.T.A.. Any and all help will be greatly appretiated,Josey

"If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878

Comments

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,549 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Josey,

I'd give Mark Krebs a call. He's a genius at turning siaga's into ak's, I bet your remington wouldn't be much trouble for him.

Here check out his website:
    http://www.krebscustom.com/

Regards,
    Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart throws a sword at you!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Josey 1 you might also consult with Der Gebirgsjager. You can e-mail from one of his posts. He is retiring soon and likely will not accept the work, but should be able to give you a feasibility accessment and whether it is practical in terms of cost.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    There is an existing unit that is a bolt on out there..I can't remember the name of it at the moment. I have had one for several years.
    Also,Brownell's shows a H.S.Precision drop-in for ADL'S and BDL'S....135 bucks.

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • Options
    25-0625-06 Member Posts: 466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure what would be involved, but why could'nt you use the Remington factory detachable magazine and floorplate triggerguard assembly? You might have to do some inletting on your current stock. At one time I thought someone was making a conversion that would use a M14 magazine, but that was several years ago and I do not remember who was doing it. Saw a couple of them at gunshows. Maybe someone else will know.