In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

One reason why I love Texas

Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
At noon today I walked out with my wife as she got ready to leave for her Wednesday volunteer job at a local health clinic that helps the working uninsured! When I opened our garage door and walked outside I noticed that our neighbor that lives just down the hill had his garage door open, but no car inside. He works, but with his job he has a little more free time in the summer, so I figured he just made a quick run to the store and left the garage door open. My wife left, I put our garage door down, and came back inside and made another pot of coffee. About 30 minutes later I went outside and his garage door was still up and no car in sight. So, I started walking across the open land that separates our two properties. We've never had any problems out here, but when I got halfway down the hill I could tell something was wrong; it appeared the house entry door from inside the garage was open also, so I turned around and went home and called him; we both knew there was a problem so I told him I'd go down and check his place while he made his way home. Out came my Colt Trooper and it took up a prominent place on my hip. I walked down through his garage and with my hand on the Trooper I walked inside his house and immediately could see the front door had been kicked in. I did a quick walk around to see if anyone was inside, they weren't, so I called him, let him know about the break in and advised him to call 911. He came home and we both did another pass through the house to see what had transpired. They'd tried to access the house from the backside, but were unsuccessful, so they went to the front where the entry door is blocked from view by a protected porch area and kicked the door in; no alarm system, but one will be installed soon!!!!

As the officer from the Sheriff's Office drove up I pointed to the Trooper on my side and put both hands on my shoulders. The officer didn't seem to be disturbed, sat there a moment in the car and got the stuff they needed for the investigation, got out of the car nonchalantly, and I asked if they'd prefer I go put the gun way and the answer was "it didn't bother them, only put it away if I preferred"!

Dang, they didn't Taser me, they didn't shoot me, they didn't throw me across the car hood or on the ground and hook me up; man, I do love Texas!!!!!!! [8D] I was kind of disappointed they didn't ask me what I was packing!!!!! [:D] Damn, it should have been a Single Action! [:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

Comments

• Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    good thing you didn't have a dog with you[}:)][:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NOAH
    good thing you didn't have a dog with you[}:)][:0]Yeah, that might have been the acid test!!!!! [:0] [:D][:D]

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,043 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya beat me to it.[:)]
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    So, you like Texas because of the rising crime rate?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Today I saw a Texas car with a Obama sticker on it way up here and I have to ask WHY[xx(][?] Do they have liberals down in Texas
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    So, you like Texas because of the rising crime rate?I knew that would be an inevitable conclusion by someone, I just didn't know it would be you!

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TooBig
    Today I saw a Texas car with a Obama sticker on it way up here and I have to ask WHY[xx(][?] Do they have liberals down in TexasYep, it's called Austin!

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    So, you like Texas because of the rising crime rate?I knew that would be an inevitable conclusion by someone, I just didn't know it would be you!

I was busy. Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    So, you like Texas because of the rising crime rate?I knew that would be an inevitable conclusion by someone, I just didn't know it would be you!I was busy. DonAh, that explains it!

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this the property I think it was?[:)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Is this the property I think it was?[:)]Yep, the house was just completed last year!!!!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    Good for you Old Colts!

never use one of your good ones on a bad guy
    they might scratch it during testing [B)]Good point, but it sure would have felt natural to wear one of those old six shooters into an unknown situation! [:)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    I can see the headlines.

"with antique Colt six shooter"[:D]quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    Good for you Old Colts!

never use one of your good ones on a bad guy
    they might scratch it during testing [B)]Good point, but it sure would have felt natural to wear one of those old six shooters into an unknown situation! [:)]Yep, probably a 44!!!! [:D]

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Insert whistle from 'The Good, Bad, and Ugly' here.[:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Insert whistle from 'The Good, Bad, and Ugly' here.[:D][:D][:D]

• Options
    calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    I always think its funny when people get alarms AFTER having their house broken into.
  • Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TooBig
    Today I saw a Texas car with a Obama sticker on it way up here and I have to ask WHY[xx(][?] Do they have liberals down in Texas

Upon closer observation, you would have noticed a very bruised behind and found he was in the process of changing his address.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by calrugerfan
    I always think its funny when people get alarms AFTER having their house broken into.Yep!!!!!!

Interesting aside; when I went over to check inside my neighbor's house, I got my Trooper, cellphone, and set our alarm system for delayed exit/entry. I promptly locked the house and went out the side door of the garage. Trouble was, that door is instant, not delayed; so all of a sudden I had an ear splitting alarm going off. I went back in, cleared the alarm, reset it, and by the time I went out the delayed exit door the alarm company was calling my cellphone the way they were supposed to, to see if there was a problem. The system worked!!!!! [8D]

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    i bet you push baby ducks into cold waterquote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    So, you like Texas because of the rising crime rate?

I throw them crackers, they jump in. No pushing.[8D][:D]
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    fishmastyfishmasty Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

That was a good one,... It really made me Laugh,...[:D]
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's just another great reason to live in Texas, O-C! It's good to have neighbors like you too!
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    That's just another great reason to live in Texas, O-C! It's good to have neighbors like you too!Thanks, kimi!

• Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    One reason why I love Texas

Yeah, I know what ya mean - I love a good burglary....
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's just another great reason to live in Texas, O-C! It's good to have neighbors like you too!

I see you are being facetious. Don
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12

I see you are being facetious. Don

Oh? Do tell. James
    What's next?