In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Floating in Florida..................

Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Man did we need rain here, but now it's becoming a bit too much of a good thing.

It's been raining here virtually non-stop for the past 3 days.
We have received more rain in those 3 days than the past 6 months.

Flood warnings for this area until midnight Thursday, with more rain expected tonight, and tomorrow.
The lake across from me that I was talking about drying up is probably up 2 feet,......no joke.

Feel like I am in Seattle!
Fortunately I am on very high ground where I live, but hope others don't have problems.
"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner

Comments

• fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    well ya got what ya asked for..and ya didn't say how much ya wanted[:D]
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,504 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Filled my scuba tanks yesterday might need them yet
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    BR here...

Marc...

I love this rain...Hudson area so we are okay as in flooding, ...windows open ...air off, and listen to the rain....gentle tapping on the roof...

And truthfully I dont care if it was a freaking hard knocking of rain on the roof, I will take it over a hurricane or tornado any day..It can rain this way for the hurricane season and I will love it...
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beth,....we needed the rain.
    I just wish it would stop for a few days before folks in low lying areas are flooded out.

Also very difficult to get any business done on my end.
    Just slowed down here to a misting in the last 15 minutes.
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought it was going to stop raining by the weekend but the latest forecast I saw said it was going to rain through the weekend here in Tampa. We are headed to the beach near St. Augustine for the weekend so I hope we have a few hours of sun while we are there.

At least the lake level behind our house is getting closer to normal.
    Regards, MAALOX
  • wvduecewvduece Member Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hope ya dont get no floods lots of people here are going through living hell trying to clean up after floods last weekend lots of homes sxwept of their foundation some people lost everything they had its a real mess here in wv national guard is here helping clean up
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wvduece
    hope ya dont get no floods lots of people here are going through living hell trying to clean up after floods last weekend lots of homes sxwept of their foundation some people lost everything they had its a real mess here in wv national guard is here helping clean up

You are in the state of my birth.
    I hope all is well for you, and yes,.....I did hear briefly down here about the flooding in that part of the state.

Hopefully the folks that lost it all can get back on their feet.

I feel bad now complaining about the rain here. No floods that I know of so far.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just beautiful here in the Piney Woods of East Texas! [;)]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts

I will be calling you in the next few days.

Asking a question posted on my original thread about the "piney woods" folks,.......do y'all still have some of your teeth?[:D]

Blame a fellow Texan for that one, not me![;)]
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    We had a nice chilly day up here in G'ville yesterday.

Think we should have something like this once per month. Imagine needing to get a jacket in June in N. Fla.!
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

Asking a question posted on my original thread about the "piney woods" folks,.......do y'all still have some of your teeth?[:D]

Blame a fellow Texan for that one, not me![;)]Yep, still have our teeth! [:D]

Call anytime but 4:00pm to 6:30:pm Central Time on Thursday; that's our Whataburger and Andy's Frozen Custard night! [:p]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• kimikimi Member Posts: 44,719 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

Blame a fellow Texan for that one, not me![;)]

He probably lost his teeth when one of those Piney Wood beauties backhanded him for acting like a Yankee! [:D]
    What's next?