In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Old Colts is in Denver

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,719 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Old Colts and his bride are in Denver at the gun show and seeing the sights. Anyone know of any really exciting places to visit in Denver?

I wonder if he bought another Colt with Texas history there today? [:)][8D]
What's next?

Comments

• Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He will be in bed asleep by 8 PM![:0][:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,719 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    He will be in bed asleep by 8 PM![:0][:D]

That's funny Mark! [:D][:D][:D]
    What's next?
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey kimi; if you collect old guns, like we do, not that black plastic and pot metal stuff like marc [:0][:D], then this show is a must attend. 1000 tables of good old guns. I spent from noon to 7 this evening just trying to get through the show and identify potential purchases. The great thing about today was that the show wasn't open to the general public, you know, tire kickers!! [:D] So, we were able to navigate the show with ease and spend a fair amount of time talking to many of my old collector friends.

I didn't have time to track down that Whitney-Kennedy for you today, but will try tomorrow. I did locate a close twin to the 38-55 SRC you have and I'll fill you in on the asking price once I get home, but it is on my potential buy list.

This show has lots of really nice Winchesters and Colts. I've found a number of Texas shipped Single Actions, but none of them really interested me. So far two guns have risen to the top of my "gotta have list" and unless I find something more desirable I'll probably buy them. One is a 4 3/4 inch Single Action from 1901 chambered in 41 Colt and it is about a 95% gun. The other is a Model 1894 Winchester short rifle with a 20 inch octagon barrel, full magazine, chambered in 30 WCF, and it's about a 90+% gun.

The unfired single action did sell, so I missed out on it! [:(]

My wife and I ate at The Buckhorn Exchange tonight and it is a superb place to dine! They only serve Prime meat and I had tonight's special, which was Elk and Buffalo Tenderloins. We'll check out The Summit, another fine restaurant, tomorrow night.

We've extended our stay by a day in order to go to the Railroad Museum. Denver seems to be a nice, but congested city. I've been here a number of times before, but only on business.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    He will be in bed asleep by 8 PM![:0][:D]Check the time stamp of the post!!!! [;)][:D]

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck at the show.
    You should enjoy the museum.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    Hey kimi; if you collect old guns, like we do, not that black plastic and pot metal stuff like marc, then this show is a must attend. 1000 tables of good old guns. I spent from noon to 7 this evening just trying to get through the show and identify potential purchases. The great thing about today was that the show wasn't open to the general public, you know, tire kickers!! [:D] So, we were able to navigate the show with ease and spend a fair amount of time talking to many of my old collector friends.

I didn't have time to track down that Whitney-Kennedy for you today, but will try tomorrow. I did locate a close twin to the 38-55 SRC you have and I'll fill you in on the asking price once I get home, but it is on my potential buy list.

This show has lots of really nice Winchesters and Colts. I've found a number of Texas shipped Single Actions, but none of them really interested me. So far two guns have risen to the top of my "gotta have list" and unless I find something more desirable I'll probably buy them. One is a 4 3/4 inch Single Action from 1901 chambered in 41 Colt and it is about a 95% gun. The other is a Model 1894 Winchester short rifle with a 20 inch octagon barrel, full magazine, chambered in 30 WCF, and it's about a 90+% gun.

The unfired single action did sell, so I missed out on it! [:(]

My wife and I ate at The Buckhorn Exchange tonight and it is a superb place to dine! They only serve Prime meat and I had tonight's special, which was Elk and Buffalo Tenderloins. We'll check out The Summit, another fine restaurant, tomorrow night.

We've extended our stay by a day in order to go to the Railroad Museum. Denver seems to be a nice, but congested city. I've been here a number of times before, but only on business.

Well I'm happy to see you and the Missus made the trip okay, had a good day at the show, and had a fine evening meal to boot! What a nice time you all are having so far. Hopefully, the remaining time you folks have will be exciting too.

If you come across "The Whitney-Kennedy, Whitney-Morse-Burgess Man" then I'm sure you'll see some nice stuff, and yes, please, if you come across the other fellow too, then keep me posted! And, thanks for getting me some up-to-date info on the 38-55!

Good luck in your hunt/purchase for the Colt and Winchester you mention...and thanks for tuning in to GB to keep me in the loop! [:D]

P.S. Kickers, huh?! [:D]

P.P.S. Don't be too hasty on buying an SRC 38-55 carbine! [:D]
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    kimi, I found out we are getting much to old to drive straight through on these trips. Our drive was 953 miles and it took us right at 15 hours with breakfast, fuel, and obligatory rest area stops!

Thanks for reminding me about the other guy. Well be able to enter the show with the dealers, so we'll get a jump on the general public's arrival. We'll do another walk through of the show to see what we missed or overlooked today and then we'll go into the "getting serious" mode. I hope to make a decision tomorrow, but there's always Sunday if indecision rears its ugly head! I should have time tomorrow to find the two fellows you mentioned.

You really need to attend this annual show if you haven't been to it before!

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi

P.P.S. Don't be too hasty on buying an SRC 38-55 carbine! [:D]Yep, tire kickers!! [}:)][:D][:D]

I understand your very subtle message about the SRC! [8D] However, I might be going home with a severe deficiency in discretionary funds!!!! [:0][:0]

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    quote:Originally posted by kimi

P.P.S. Don't be too hasty on buying an SRC 38-55 carbine! [:D]Yep, tire kickers!! [}:)][:D][:D]

I understand your very subtle message about the SRC! [8D] However, I might be going home with a severe deficiency in discretionary funds!!!! [:0][:0]

Subtle, huh?! [:D]

Hey, being an old Swabby, you would know first hand about what might constitute a severe deficiency of funds after a weekend of fun! [:D][:D][:D]
    What's next?