In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Alabama and Colorado - Independence Bowl

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited December 2007 in General Discussion
On ESPN Now.
What's next?

Comments

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see Dallas is in the toilet bowl. Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    I see Dallas is in the toilet bowl. Don

[:D][:D][:D]
    After today lots of Texans might agree with you.
    What's next?
  • Options
    PaleobrutePaleobrute Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    On ESPN Now.

Who care? Too many damned bowl games. They need to do away with BCS (and I know Ind. Bowl isn't BCS)
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Paleobrute
    On ESPN Now.

Who care? Too many damned bowl games. They need to do away with BCS (and I know Ind. Bowl isn't BCS)

You don't have to watch you know.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ladyhunter
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Boy! They are, too, ladyhunter. [8D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    On ESPN Now.

You don't have to read my posts, you know.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good lord, what a beatdown.....

Can the SEC go undefeated?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    On ESPN Now.

You don't have to read my posts, you know.

I did not know that I had been reading them. You must be a Colorado fan and know that the Tide is on a Roll, as they say - 27-0, over the Buffalos at the beginning of the second quarter.
    What's next?
  • Options
    bamafanbamafan Member Posts: 4,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Roll Tide Roll!!! Do I smell a shutout? 27-0.
  • Options
    edited November -1

I did not know that I had been reading them.

You must. You replied.
    [:D]

You must be a Colorado fan and know that the Tide is on a Roll, as they say - 27-0, over the Buffalos at the beginning of the second quarter.

No, I'm an SEC fan seeing how I'm from Alabama. I'm actually an "Auburn First" fan since that's my dad's alumni. But I'm for Alabama when Auburn and Alabama aren't playing and pretty much any other SEC team if they're not playing Auburn (or Alabama). I've never understood when Bama fans hate Auburn so much that they actually root for other teams to beat Auburn (and vice versa). No matter which team you're for, 'the other team' brings credit upon the state whenever they win. Save the "I hate XXXXX" for the Iron Bowl. The rest of the year, be for "The OTHER Team from Alabama".

I just think it's sorta hollow when 6-6 teams are playing in bowls. I mean if they (Alabama) win, are they going to be on top of the "Regular Season .500 Teams" heap? Sorta like 'The World's Tallest Midget'.

Anyway, hope Bama wins but pardon me while I go polish up the SIX IN A ROW tag on the front of my truck.

Auburn.JPG
  • Options
    edited November -1
    no its not half time yet could be a bigger shut out
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey pale i am surprised that auburn didn't beat us worst then they did
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ladyhunter
    hey pale i am surprised that auburn didn't beat us worst then they did

Auburn has never been a good second half team. That was a pretty good game and something of a 'nail biter' in the last quarter.

What I don't understand is why Troy State at 8-4 didn't get a Bowl bid. I mean, they're a 1A team now, too. And they performed very well against some SEC powerhouses.
  • Options
    edited November -1

You must. You replied.

You must be a Colorado fan and know that the Tide is on a Roll, as they say - 27-0, over the Buffalos at the beginning of the second quarter.

No, I'm an SEC fan seeing how I'm from Alabama. I'm actually an "Auburn First" fan since that's my dad's alumni. But I'm for Alabama when Auburn and Alabama aren't playing and pretty much any other SEC team if they're not playing Auburn (or Alabama).

I just think it's sorta hollow when 6-6 teams are playing in bowls. I mean if they (Alabama) win, are they going to be on top of the "Regular Season .500 Teams" heap? Sorta like 'The World's Tallest Midget'.

Anyway, hope Bama wins but pardon me while I go polish up the SIX IN A ROW tag on the front of my truck.

Auburn.JPG

Well, you are on my thread, so I did take a peak and found out that your a "Ray/Rea/Rhea" from Montgomery, AlaBama, so that's a big + for you in my book. [:D] If you get the chance, vist the statehouse for me and salute that hugh, beautiful monument that that graces its beautiful grounds on the left side approaching from dowtown. That would be aanother point for you, too. [:D] Roll Tide!
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1

You must. You replied.

No, I'm an SEC fan seeing how I'm from Alabama. I'm actually an "Auburn First" fan since that's my dad's alumni. But I'm for Alabama when Auburn and Alabama aren't playing and pretty much any other SEC team if they're not playing Auburn (or Alabama).

Auburn.JPG

Well, you are on my thread, so I did take a peak and found out that your a "Ray/Rea/Rhea" from Montgomery, AlaBama, so that's a big + for you in my book. [:D] If you get the chance, vist the statehouse for me and salute that hugh, beautiful monument that that graces its beautiful grounds on the left side approaching from dowtown. That would be aanother point for you, too. [:D] Roll Tide!

[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bamafan

You must. You replied.

Auburn.JPG

[:D][:D]

[:D][;)]

Thank you for the pictures, and family history, too.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh well. No shutout.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Will do James! And after reading your profile, I thought you might enjoy seeing these photos (apologies for poor quality: my 1 year old grandson was visiting this weekend and dropped it, gnawed it or something else I don't even want to think about it).

My Grandfather was actually a MacRae but 'anglicized' his name when he came here from Scotland in 1903 (and my maternal grandfather came from Ulster in 1907). Brought this family heirloom with him. SUPPOSEDLY used by a family member who fought with Clan McKenzie at Culloden Moor.

SwordClanMcRaea.JPG
    SwordClanMcRaeb.JPG

quote:"Scottish by birth, British by law,
    Highlander by the grace of God"

quote:The aftermath of Culloden exacted penalties
    which were to leave a permanent scar on the
    Highlands of Scotland in the deliberate extinction
    of the Celtic way of life - by killing, destruction,
    confiscation and deportation. A tragic time,
    unequalled by any other in Scottish history.
    -Iain Campbell
  • Options
    edited November -1

Will do James! And after reading your profile, I thought you might enjoy seeing these photos (apologies for poor quality: my 1 year old grandson was visiting this weekend and dropped it, gnawed it or something else I don't even want to think about it).

My Grandfather was actually a MacRae but 'anglicized' his name when he came here from Scotland in 1903 (and my maternal grandfather came from Ulster in 1907). Brought this family heirloom with him. SUPPOSEDLY used by a family member who fought with Clan McKenzie at Culloden Moor.

-Iain Campbell

Oorah. [:)][;)]

I know all about your family, because they are in mine too. Going way back with the Wallaces, and Wilsons. To include, the one who was instrumental with one other entrepaneur who set up the early land grants mid-1700s for the Scotch-Irish to come by the boatloads from North Ireland through South Carolina to Georgia. Maybe someday, I'll be lucky enough to be back in your part of the country and have the pleasure to meet you in person.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1

SwordClanMcRaea.JPG
    SwordClanMcRaeb.JPG

-Iain Campbell

Thank you for the pictures and family history, too!
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1

I know all about your family, because they are in mine too. Going way back with the Wallaces, and Wilsons. To include, the one who was instrumental with one other entrepaneur who set up the early land grants mid-1700s for the Scotch-Irish to come by the boatloads from North Ireland through South Carolina to Georgia. Maybe someday, I'll be lucky enough to be back in your part of the country and have the pleasure to meet you in person.

Whew! Glad to hear there's no Campbells in there! IfyouknowwhatImeanandIthinkyoudo

Some other lineage in the family arrived in the 1700's to SC as well. Then moved through GA and on to AL. Would love to match genealogies sometime and drop me line if you're in the area!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i am just hoping bama don't give this away
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Little by little, Colorado is coming back. Hope Bama can hold off.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Whew! Glad to hear there's no Campbells in there! IfyouknowwhatImeanandIthinkyoudo

Some other lineage in the family arrived in the 1700's to SC as well. Then moved through GA and on to AL. Would love to match genealogies sometime and drop me line if you're in the area!

[:D][:D][:D]
    You and me both! On the Campbells that is. [:D] That was funny.
    I might shoot you an email one of these days.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ladyhunter and bamafan: The Tide has rolled. [:)]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think they might have in the bag now. Hope they don't prove me wrong. 30-17. Less then five minutes in the game.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What's next?
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bamafan
    I think they might have in the bag now. Hope they don't prove me wrong. 30-17. Less then five minutes in the game.
    30-24, IN THE BAG[?][?]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    edited November -1
    There must not be a Campbell on the Bama offense! [:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    got scary there at the end with all those lateals. Better yet, another Alabama bowl win.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    we held on thank the lord
  • Options
    ZebraZebra Member Posts: 5,762
    edited November -1
    GO BAMA AND MSU! Two bowl wins [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zebra