In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Liquer a la Redneck Gran Marnier

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited August 2006 in General Discussion
"Liquer a la Redneck Gran Marnier"

Procure one empty Gran Marnier bottle from dumpster of nearest local cocktail lounge.

Obtain one fifth of the cheapest bottle of 86 proof brandy available. Make sure seal is intact.

Pour a high quality brand of sugar into your exquisite, but empty, Gran Marnier bottle...eyeball its depth to about 1 and 1/2 inches.

Add the store bought brandy to the sugar until it's about 3/4 full, cap, and shake thoroughly until the sugar is disolved.

Peel a large orange with your pocket knife, being careful to slice just the outer edge of the orange that retains the acid. Slide the orange peel into the bottle of brandy.

Fill the Gran Marnier bottle with most of what's left of the brandy...snort the remainder for a stiff shot. Shake bottle "lightly" to mix the brandy one more time.

Place in a cool, safe place for seven (7) days, then serve. No cheating, it takes a minimum of seven (7) days to cure.

Tips:

1 - The longer it cures, the better.

2 - On your next trip to the dumpster, you willl want to retrieve at least three more empty Gran Marnier bottles, and repeat the process. Trust me.

3 - Regulate the sugar on this batch now that you will have pegged just the right amount for your taste.

4 - If it's to be used for uptown style social occasions, you might want to consider removing the orange peel from the bottle before its display. No need to save the peel, your Redneck Gran Marnier will not last.

5 - Don't forget to sterilize the Gran Marnier bottle(s)!

ENJOY [:p][:p][:p]
What's next?

Comments

• Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, it ain't no "Gran Marnier", but its very easy to make your own "gourmet" flavored vodkas.

Drop a vanilla bean into a bottle of vodka. . .wait a month. . .voila, vanilla vodka!

(Or try lemon rind shavings. . .cinnamon stick. . .raspberries. . .etc).

Alcohol in vodka leaches out the flavoring oils from these scented herbs, and also sterilizes fresh fruit, preventing spoilage.
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    Hummmmmmmm! Interesting stuff! All this time I have been paying for Vanilla Vodka and all I had to do is drop one stupid bean into the bottle!![:(]
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    kimi...now that is a hoot for snobby guests!!Beach
  • Options
    gclmemgclmem Member Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you flavor Vodka It becomes Aquavit in Sweden. There are closely guarded family recipies with seeds and fruit though most are somewhat similar,.....but not quite.

When reflecting om the Kimi recipe I am not sure...did he make Rock and Rye or Triple Sec?
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I'll stick to this one:

1 Fifth high test Everclear

4 large cans Hi-C fruit punch

Mix together in punch bowl, Top with Orange, Lemon, Lime, and Grapefruit slices.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You never even taste the Everclear and it "WILL" mess you up.

I haven't made it in years but I used to make it alot in my late teens
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beachmaster73
    kimi...now that is a hoot for snobby guests!!Beach

It would be at that! [:D][:D][:D] And, the good thing is that you won't spend $35.00 or $40.00 a bottle for Gran Marnier anymore! [Dispensing with the dumpster-bottles, of course)[:D][:D]
    What's next?