In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Welcome to the Mediocre Bowl

RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
Well, the Bulldogs are preparing to face Louisville in a few minutes.

Yay.

Comments

• Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    those are only two of the many teams that qualify as playing in a Mediocre bowl and it's worse when only one team shows up.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beginning tomorrow we have four of the top ten teams playing. The next two days should be entertaining.
    What's next?
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,122 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tonights game was a bust for UofL .. Georgia embarassed the Cards.
    Not to mention I froze my kiester off. I will say the Miranda Lambert concert before the game was nice.
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Leonard Fournette was the only player who showed up for LSU today, talk about the mediocre bowl...[V]
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was very happy to see the dawgs beat the cards...

In other news, what the hell happened to the Big 12 yesterday?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    Was very happy to see the dawgs beat the cards...

In other news, what the hell happened to the Big 12 yesterday?

They bombed like the top teams in the SEC in last year's bowl games! Bummer. Let's just hope the top teams in the Big-12 don't follow either of them!!!!!!!! [:D]

Actually, WVA played a good game, considering a Freshman was making his first start (in place of the injured Trikett) according to one announcement.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid
    Leonard Fournette was the only player who showed up for LSU today, talk about the mediocre bowl...[V]

LSU was ripped out of the TD at the end of the first Q. The nose of the ball clearly broke the plane of the goal line and the knee of the runner was well above the ground, and to top it all off both points were clearly seen in the same still shot, but the reviewing official's turned a blind eye. Who does that surprise?
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi

They bombed like the top teams in the SEC in last year's bowl games! Bummer. Let's just hope the top teams in the Big-12 don't follow either of them!!!!!!!! [:D]

The SEC put 10 teams into bowls last year....7 won.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Don't forget that Auburn, the SEC champ lost to FSU, and that Bama lost to Oklahoma, and then there was their other top team that went down also. The bottom tier teams in the SEC won. The Big-12, I think went 3&3 last year.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1

Actually, WVA played a good game, considering a Freshman was making his first start (in place of the injured Trikett) according to one announcement.

I watched the WVU game closely, as my 'cats have hired WVU's offensive coordinator to take over our offense.

WVU fought hard.

Texas and Oklahoma got flat out embarrassed...
  • Options
    edited November -1

I watched the WVU game closely, as my 'cats have hired WVU's offensive coordinator to take over our offense.

WVU fought hard.

Texas and Oklahoma got flat out embarrassed...

They did at that, but Oklahoma was the surprise, and the fact that Clemson has the number one defense in the country played a big part in tromping on OU. It will be interesting to see how those Hogs from Arkansas and Texas fair in the SEC next year, won't it? [:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1

The Big-10 put 10 teams in bowls this year, and Stanford is stomping on one of the right now!
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've been yelling from the rooftops all year that Arkansas would be a contender if they played in any other conference (or even in the sec east).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimil

The Big-10 put 10 teams in bowls this year, and Stanford is stomping on one of the right now!

The Big 10 gets smoked every bowl season. What else is new? [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've been yelling from the rooftops all year that Arkansas would be a contender if they played in any other conference (or even in the sec east).

I know you have. I think you said they could beat the champions from the other major conferences, or something like that. Usually each conference has one dominant team, sometimes two, but I think the conference champions would win out over Arkansas. They might just barely beat them like Alabama managed to do, but I do believe they would win out.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimil

The Big 10 gets smoked every bowl season. What else is new? [:D]

And they are "normally" joined by the PAC-12 as well. [:D] And, the Big-12 needs to be careful from here on out!
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1

I know you have. I think you said they could beat the champions from the other major conferences, or something like that. Usually each conference has one dominant team, sometimes two, but I think the conference champions would win out over Arkansas. They might just barely beat them like Alabama managed to do, but I do believe they would win out.

I wouldn't go that far. Back when they still hadn't won a conference game, I said they'd be a top 25 team if they played anywhere else.

They may not be good enough to beat Florida State, Oregon, TCU, or Ohio State, but they would be a top 3 team in any other confrence.
  • Options
    edited November -1

I wouldn't go that far. Back when they still hadn't won a conference game, I said they'd be a top 25 team if they played anywhere else.

They may not be good enough to beat Florida State, Oregon, TCU, or Ohio State, but they would be a top 3 team in any other confrence.

Number three in the other conferences, maybe so, and if they were in the SEC East they might have a record that would put them at ten wins...maybe good enough for a fourth place finish in the SEC, on the whole. Not much difference there.
    What's next?
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1

LSU was ripped out of the TD at the end of the first Q. The nose of the ball clearly broke the plane of the goal line and the knee of the runner was well above the ground, and to top it all off both points were clearly seen in the same still shot, but the reviewing official's turned a blind eye. Who does that surprise?

Ah yes, I forgot about that, it was hectic around here in the 1st quarter trying to get my 2yo twins ready for their afternoon nap. [:D]
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Picks for tomorrow, Bama over Ohio St by 12, and PLEASE Oregon over FSU by 700!
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I believe that Mississippi will roll over TCU, but GA Tech faces a real challenge with Mississippi State - game of the day IMO!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    I believe that Mississippi will roll over TCU, but GA Tech faces a real challenge with Mississippi State - game of the day IMO!

[:D] I don't think that's going to happen, but the way the Big-12 bombed the day before yesterday who knows. You'd think that would be the case the way they have been treated the past many years by pollsters and most recently the playoff committee. That and the fact that the SEC West teams give Alabama all they can handle year in and year out. That said, you might be right. We're going to find out PDQ! [:D] Enjoy!

Both games should be good ones, I'd think.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One other note about the TCU-Ole Miss game for the football guys here. Ole Miss is without their leading receiver, and TCU is without B.J. Catalon, their leading rusher. Both have been injured.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ole Myth got taken to the woodshed...

Still don't understand why the bucknuts got a playoff berth over TCU (or Baylor, for that matter). I hope Bama hammers them.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I attended the Ga vs Louisville game last night and it was a boring bowl game to watch even with some good plays being made, Louisville was out classed from start to finish even when Ga. let up on the pressure near the end Louisville just could'nt get anything going. I can say the Bands (Ga. & Louisville) halftime show was the real highlight of my evening [;)]. I waved out to y'all as I promised [:D]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,122 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer
    I attended the Ga vs Louisville game last night and it was a boring bowl game to watch even with some good plays being made, Louisville was out classed from start to finish even when Ga. let up on the pressure near the end Louisville just could'nt get anything going. I can say the Bands (Ga. & Louisville) halftime show was the real highlight of my evening [;)]. I waved out to y'all as I promised [:D]
    You are right it was a boring game. The best part of that game was my daughter cheering and dancing on the sidelines and dancing on the field during the halftime show
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by austin20

Not to mention I froze my kiester off.
    LOL, yep ! but did'nt it feel good for a few seconds when they fired up those flame throwers at the start of the game [:D].

• Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what a crappy season for our Bulldogs. We gave away the game to GT and threw away our season on two poor games. I don't want to hear, well next year. This was our year and we blew it big time. This season hurt.[:(!]
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

LSU's quarterback stinks, has all year.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    what a crappy season for our Bulldogs. We gave away the game to GT and threw away our season on two poor games. I don't want to hear, well next year. This was our year and we blew it big time. This season hurt.[:(!]
    I think our "known" problem for several years has left Georgia to take over the Head Coach position at Colorado [;)]......We wish him well [:D]

• Options
    legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1

Don't forget that Auburn, the SEC champ lost to FSU, and that Bama lost to Oklahoma, and then there was their other top team that went down also. The bottom tier teams in the SEC won. The Big-12, I think went 3&3 last year.

The bowl games are garbage imo.
    In the SEC the goals are to beat your rival, win the SEC championship, win the National championship, and whatever it takes to get there.

If your season is toast then what's the risk to reward level to give your all in a bowl game nobody will remember or buy shirts and such for?

Guys that have another year in college and is expected to be a star doesn't want to hurt himself and ruin next year for a bowl. Or someone heading to the NFL, why risk millions of dollars for a final college bowl game nobody will remember.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The SEC West has been gutted, but Bama could save some face for the conference, and yes, the majority of the rest of the conference could continue to hang onto their shirttails if the Tide wins it all. The two former Big-12 teams, A&M and Missouri has helped to shore up a dismal bowl season for the SEC as I see it.
    What's next?
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When does Bama play?

Trinity +++
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TrinityScrimshaw
    When does Bama play?

Trinity +++